Options

BFP "Positive" with low sperm count.. Anyone?

Hey all,

We'll this is our 8th try. 1st IUI today with a new donor. His sperm count was much much lower than our old donor. 2.2million!! I hope tomorrow's is much higher.

Anyone had this low of sperm count and got pregnant?

Comments

• Options
    I meant well..
  • Options
    Hello sicilia,

I'm not sure if it was low sperm count for us but on the last IUI we did (#8 on Dec 1st) our doctor said if we were going to use this donor again he would advise against it. He told us the motility was very poor. As far as I can remember the count was somewhere in the 28-30 million area.

I contacted CCB and they ran us through a bunch of possibilities, one being it was possible the sperm was not quite thawed at the time of insemination.

As it turns out we got pregnant and are currently 15 weeks. Anything can happen because as they say it only takes one!

I thought CCB guaranteed the counts to be at least 10 million per vial. Did you contact them?

Good luck to you!

K&K
  • Options
    CONGRATS!!! i'm so happy for you. Well the mobility varies depending on the sperm and the donors health.. yes thawing plays a big roll, but if his fresh sperm is naturally slow then once its thawed it can be a bit slower. 30Mill is a very very good number. Slow sperm is what we had. I'm so happy for you. Are you having a boy or girl.

We got the progesterone level from the doc today. big 25.. anything above 10 is what they like to see. Last time she was pregnant she had 17. So i'm being hopeful. my emotions are running wild! lol..