Options

Where to start...

Ive been looking around the website for a month now...and I still feel so overwhelmed. I have 9 favorites...is that normal? but i still find one every couple days or so. any information anyone can offer would be much appreciated.

Thank in advance

Comments

• Options
    I think that's very normal! I looked at this site about a year ago and then decided to try adoption first. It hasn't worked out well, so I came back to this site. I found one right off the bat that was EXACTLY what I wanted. It was almost too good to be true! I do have others as backup, but I feel a certain "connection" with this particular one. Sometimes I think when you find the right one, you just know. It was important to me to find an open donor. I feel that if I'm not able to provide a biological father to my child, I at least want them to be able to put a name and a face with the other half of their dna. I think it's very important for a person's well being. To me, it gives the person a sense of self worth and "belonging" and just completes the circle. I also wanted someone that shared a lot of the things I enjoy. Lastly, I wanted someone with some similiar features. The reason for that was that I have a daughter that looks like my clone. ha ha. I wanted her to have a sibling that she could say looked like her, too. I knew if I chose a donor that share some similar features, the chances would be closer that this baby would also look a lot like my daughter, too. Hope that helps give you some more insight!