Options

Pregnant? Really...WOW!

My partner, Cheryl, and I looked into adoption first before we started on this route. Backwards, huh? She is diabetic and I am a cancer survivor, so really, adoption seemed the option. After a lot of discouraging research, we decided to check what my odds would be for pregnancy. Went to the oncologist first, and Superman said go for it, but do it quick. My thyroid was damaged from radiation and I had 6 months of chemo that sent me into 8 months of menopause (medically treated and reversed). Made a trip to see my OB/Gyn- she ran every test in the book- said go for it, lets get started next month... do you hear the clock ticking? So, of course we went to the endocrynologist as quickly as we could get an appointment. Inseminated 2 months later, and pregnant on the first try. We hope that everything is good and that we beat the buzzer. We have our first US on Jan. 14th... Grant me patience....

Comments

• Options
    Congratulations!!!!
  • Options
    Congrat!! hope to hear good news next week!!
  • Options
    you have an amazing story.
    congratulations and keep us posted!
  • Options
    Congrats! I hope everything goes well. How was the US? please keep us updated :)
  • Options
    The US showed one perfect little bundle!Doc said it was the length of a long grain rice,to which my comic relief side-kick proclaimed "Mahatma Peanut!!" I dont think our doc knows how to take us yet. We will have the Nuchal Translucency test Feb 16th, and then our 2nd trimester US, March 30th. Life is SOOOOO good!
  • Options
    Amazing!! Congrat!!!!
  • Options
    Wow is right :) What an amazing story you have. Good luck to you and your partner! Keep us posted. Congrats!