Options

Got a cold...will this affect my IUI?

I am in rehearsals for an upcoming show, and our stage manager has had a nasty cold. Sure enough, guess what I woke up with this morning? Chest congestion, nasal congestion, very sore throat, headache...UGH! I just had my IUI done on TUESDAY (today is FRIDAY). Will this cold affect my chances for success?

Also...what do you guys think my odds are for this? I had 3 follicles and 53 million sperm, they told me...IUI 24 hours after Ovidrel injection...I've already had one successful natural pregnancy in the past with no delivery issues...no history of m/c...

God, this HAS to be the LONGEST 2 weeks EVER!!!

Comments

• Options
    I had a cold too and I got a bfp, so no worries there. :)

Your follies and sperm count are excellent!

Sounds like you're headed for a bfp!

Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks...that really helped to reassure me! FINGERS CROSSED HERE! Counting down the days until March 23 when I can test...God, this takes such determination not to sneak an HPT in early, but I don't want to be disappointed by a false-negative due to testing too soon, of course...
  • Options
    You're stonger than I was, but you're right about the false-negative heartbreak. We gave in and tested early and was devastated two days in a row, only to test on cd12 and get a bfp! It really is best to wait to test.

Good luck.
  • Options
    What isn't helping me right now are all the "symptoms" I have. I read online that the nasal congestion, headaches, body aches, and sore throat COULD be pregnancy-related...and then of course there's the full feeling in my lower abdomen and all the twinges and whatnot that I have been having all weekend. I remember when I was pregnant with my daughter, VERY early on it was uncomfortable to sleep on my stomach because it felt like I had a rock in my lower abdominal area, and I am kind of getting that now too. But one of the early symptoms I had with my daughter was very sore breasts, and mine feel just fine, so I am not sure how to take all this. And I've been having very vivid dreams too!

Of course, all of these can be explained other ways too...which SUCKS!!!

One more week and I'll test!!! Fingers crossed!!! For some reason, I just have a really strong feeling that if we are successful, we're going to eventually end up with twins. One of my good friends told me that YEARS ago and she's fairly intuitive, and I just have this overwhelming feeling about the number 3 here, and twins would make 3 kids for me total. I guess it's possible, since we had 3 follicles...we'll see!
  • Options
    I just responded to your other post...check it out! :)