Options

Hysteroscopy - IUI Success After Procedure?

Has anyone had a successful IUI after having a Hysteroscopy?

Im 39 yo and had 1 unsuccessful IUI. After that my RE decided to put me on Clomid 50 mg. I had a HSG test done and results were good - clear tubes, but showed other abnormalities not fully detected on an HSG, so I had a Saline test done a few days after. The results of the saline test showed I have abnormalities in my cervix - polyps. I am scheduled for a Hysteroscopy 5/13 (surgery, under general anesthesia) to remove the polyps and plan to do another IUI with my June cycle. I just wanted to hear if anyone has had a success IUI after having a Hysteroscopy? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    Hi baby02--I had a hysteroscopy procedure done in early December, because when I had my HSG, it showed that I had a polyp in my uterus that my RE recommended be removed. I then had my very first IUI procedure the next month in January. It was successful, and I am currently 15 weeks pregnant. By the way, I am 40, and my RE also had me on 50 mg of Clomid.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    Thank you so much TraceD for sharing your experience. I really do appreciate it and your story gives me hope! I'm sorry I meant to type in abnormalities in my "uterus" vs. cervix. There is so much information lately and doing all these procedures, medications, & appointments alone have been a bit overwhelming, but all well worth it.

Congratulations on your pregnancy and I wish you all the best!
  • Options
    I had a hysteroscopy in April of last year because my RE thought I had polyps. Turns out it wasn't polyps but a slight uterine septum (which...I only found this out a couple months ago when my OB was reading the notes. No big deal but you'd think the RE would have said that was what was found!). I got pregnant on my 4th IUI (3rd after the procedure) and am now 7 months with a boy.