Options

Ovulation moniters

Does anyone have any experience in using Clear Blue Easy or any other of those types of pee-on-stick-wait-for-the-result ovulation kits?

My doctor wants me to monitor my ovulation timing for three cycles before we start doing the actual inseminations, simply because he is trying to keep my costs down without having to go through repeat ultrasounds.

But I never used these things before this month, and I don't know how exactly to interpret any slightly ambiguous result. I had one test that looked like it could be it on my 14th day, the test line was still slightly lighter then the normal comparison line, but the rest of the test days were a lot lighter.

So, any advice?

Comments

• Options
    You need to use the Digital CBE OPK's...the others are to hard to read...way to if-y for me. With the digital, there's no guessing. They are more costly, but so worth it!

Good luck!!!
  • Options
    I am using the Clear Blue Easy Ovulation monitor. It tracks your personal cycles for you. It is a little expensive and you have to purchase special test sticks but my understanding is that they are completely worth it. My good friend is 40 and got pregnant on her first try using the CBE monitor (naturally). It retails for about $200 but I got mine on Amazon for about $175. 30 test sticks are $37 a box and you will use about 20 the first month and then about 10 subsequent months. The monitor learns your cycle and tells you when to start testing. Good luck!
  • Options
    I used the regular Clear Blue Easy test. I only tested the month of my IUI and got pregant on my first IUI. The happy face makes it so easy to read!
  • Options
    Thanks, all of you! :D
    I had a feeling that I should try the digital ones too, because even though the doctor said that it would be cheaper using the non-digital ones, I actually used more money opening another pack to keep testing, just in case that vague 'result' might not have been 'it.'
    So I think next cycle I will try the other kind.

Thanks!
  • Options
    I used the cheaper tests the small sticks with 2 lines (found them for about 20 for $20) and whenever I thought the line looked darker or I doubted the reading I used the Clear Blue Easy smiley face OPK. This proccess was successful for me. And I spent less on the expensive tests and was able to test for longer.