Options

Newbie Intro & HSG (hysterosalpingogram)

Hello All,

I am new to posting, I usually come on here for information while on my journey. I decided to post today in hopes of helping someone and meeting people on the same journey.

Last week I took the HSG test, I had read all different view points and to be honest while sitting in the waiting room I was shaking like a leaf because all of some of the horror stories throughout the web. They weren't even going to give me the test because I was obviously too nervous and scared.

My mom and wife calmed me by telling me to relax and I did. For me the test took no more than 5 minutes and it was painful but breathing deeply really helps and also I took 2 Aleve an hour before. I just keep in mind what the end goal was and by that time it was over. I hope this helps.

Have a great day. Happy New Year to everyone

Comments

• Options
    Hi Teially

First I wanted to wish you good luck. I know its a long process and takes a lot out of each of us but I know the end will be worth it and I hope it comes sooner rather than later :)

Like you I like to read what everyone says but I havent posted much. I am early in this process and havent really felt like I have anything to share. I was curious if you could explain what this HSG test is? It is not one I have heard much about. Why did you ultimately decide to have it done?

Again I wish you luck...and congrats on starting this new chapter in your life.
  • Options
    Hello,

We took the test after our consultation with the doctor. He advised us to take it to check to make sure there was no blockages.

I think its becoming standard for doctors to advise patients on this test.