Options

IVF?

Has anyone as a single parent gone as ar as IVF???

Comments

• Options
    Gauthhn I have not but I know a couple of people in process. People will post there experiences.
  • Options
    I'm doing IVF now. I will be 43 in a few weeks. I did one round of IUI and went straight to IVF.

I just heard from a friend of mine that her single cousin (age 42) just got a BFP on on first IVF round.
  • Options
    I am also doing IVF now. I did 9 IUI's first (5th was positive but ended at 12 weeks in miscarriage) before making the decision to go for IVF. Had I known then what I have learned, I would have started with IVF!
  • Options
    I am on the first week of a month long IVF process! I am only 31 but have done 6 IUIs without a single BFP - I have no known fertility issues- just so disappointed! I really like RE and know I am getting great care!
  • Options
    gauthn - it is a long process but stay focused on the goal. How many egg retrievals have you planned? I also had no known fertility issues....turns out my eggs aren't fabulous but not necessarily "infertile". Hang in there!
  • Options
    Jaimec when do you do your retrieval, which protocol did they use? I'm heading in the same direction and i've been researching the different protocols (i.e. Lupron, Gonal F, menopur, Ganiralex, etc.)
  • Options
    I am single and got a BFP with my first round of IVF. I've previously done 4 IUIs - 3 with Clomid, 1 with injectables. I'm now expecting boy/girl twins in October. I will be 43 in December. Good luck to you!!!
  • Options
    congrats Shimmy !!!! , were you on a agonist or antagonist protocol for your IVF ?
  • Options
    Congrats to you shimmy. Get your sleep now. I was 43 when my first was born almost a year ago. It is a great ride.
  • Options
    Congrats shimmy! Love to hear good news like that.
  • Options
    Shimmy, So happy to hear your news!

Gauthhn, Hang in there. I have to say that if I could afford it, I would be going the IVF route. The sad truth for me, though, is that I just don't have the money, so IUI is my only option. Am mostly remaining positive about my chances on IUI, but have to make sure I don't dwell too much on the stats. They simply make me too depressed. I feel like I have to stay hopeful if I'm to have any shot at being a mom.

Amy, 42
    IUI#1 BFN, IUI#2 2WW
  • Options
    Babyin2014, which state are you in? Just an fyi, there is a payment plan IVF being done at two different facilities. Not sure if that would help you but wanted to mention it to you as a possible option :)

Gautthn, Good luck on your cycle ! :)
  • Options
    single & 41 going through IVF cycle now. Went through 4 unsuccessful IUIs.. going in tomorrow to see if the stupid cyst is gone so I can continue on. Using Lupron, menopur.. fun times.
  • Options
    good luck Jennyt71 !! :)
  • Options
    Shimmy ***CONGRATS**** what meds did you take and during your 2ww what signs and symptoms did you have?
  • Options
    gauthhn: I'm going as far as donor egg and donor sperm with IVF! If IVF is the path you want to take, and it is financially viable, I say go for it!
  • Options
    yes! I'm a single mom to almost 6 y/o and just had retrieval from my fifth (yes, 5th) IVF yesterday. had a BFP last cycle - actually all three blasts implanted but two arrested and only got a HB from one which subsequently miscarried. odds are against me since I'm 44 :)