Options

Bulletin Boards

Why do so many people buy/sell /or/ give out information on their donor’s private information and there not suppose to. It seems like every one is doing it now. It is hard to actually talk to anyone now because so many people on here just for profit. Can CCB do anything to stop this since it is against the rules?

Comments

• Options
    Hi baby -

Thank you for your posting. We obviously would prefer that users stick to the agreement and not distribute the donor information they have purchased.

To this point we have not done much to police the message boards because we want everyone them to remain as an open forum.

However, as the many postings are now becomming an issue for users like yourself, we will take a more active approach to editing and erasing inappropriate postings that advertise the distribution of donor info.

Thank you,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Baby67890: you need to mine your owm business. You seem to the ask the most stupidest questions.you are a baby yourself.I have been reading you posting and I often laugh at you.You need proffessional help.Dont you think Scott monitor this board? dont start problems for others. did you find the fund to buy your sperm yet? keep whining I will be reading.
  • Options
    This bulletin board is not intended as a sales or information sharing tool.

More importantly, aggressive or offensive comments between users will not be tolerated. Please do not let your own personal interests turn what is intended to be a very supportive environment into something negative.

baby67890 has a valid point and should not be attacked for expressing it.

Regards,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    I agree with baby67890. It's really not fair to the rest of us who paid for the profiles while others get them for free. She brought up a good point that I have been thinking but was hesitate to mention. No need to belittle and criticize her for it.
  • Options
    Please let's all be generous with each other. Many of us do not have unlimited resources and any help we can get from each other feels supportive at a very vulnerable time.
  • Options
    Scott, I too have noticed all the "wheeling and dealing" with profiles etc.. and for me personally it clutters up the board. I think if you have problems affording to purchase profiles how will you be able to afford the vials?

Thanks,
    g
  • Options
    Hi,

We should definitely treat each other with respect. At the same time, I think that there's a need for some degree of openness.

CCB, you won't allow us to return vials once you ship them out. If you're no longer stocking vials for a particular donor, and someone else is desperately seeking vials of that donor's sperm, then I think that you're right to "look the other way" if two people here want to engage in a private transaction.

I know of one couple who desperately wanted the extra vials of the donor I'm using because he's the only ethnic match for them CCB is selling, nor have they have an alternative place with this ethnic combination.

It turns out that I need to use my last vial for myself, but, if I hadn't, I would have sold it to this couple to give them another shot.

Baby67890, hopefully my response helps answer your question. Best wishes with your attempts.

DLM
  • Options
    Hi,

We should definitely treat each other with respect. At the same time, I think that there's a need for some degree of openness.

CCB, you won't allow us to return vials once you ship them out. If you're no longer stocking vials for a particular donor, and someone else is desperately seeking vials of that donor's sperm, then I think that you're right to "look the other way" if two people here want to engage in a private transaction.

I know of one couple who desperately wanted the extra vials of the donor I'm using because he's the only ethnic match for them CCB is selling, nor have they found an alternative company/donor offering this ethnic combination.

It turns out that I need to use my last vial for myself, but, if I hadn't, I would have sold it to this couple to give them another shot.

Baby67890, hopefully my response helps answer your question. Best wishes with your attempts.

DLM
  • Options
    Hi DLM -

Private transactions regarding extra vials are not a concern. While we do maintain mild concern since we can not guarantee the quality of the vials once they have left our facility, we certainly understand and would never interfear with two clients conducting a private transaction.

The issue being discussed here is clients sharing or exchanging donor information (long profiles, baby photos, etc.).

Regards,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    thank you so much scott and the ones how had good coments to say thanks angin :)
  • Options
    You're welcome.

Scott
  • Options
    baby67890,
    I hope things are going better for you !!
    I agree with you, I had to buy my own donor information and had several people want it for free after I purchased.
    As for babylove02 - Ive read your posts and you seemed very positive and supportive to baby67890 now that you have your BFP you feel the need to trash and belittle others....everyone has an opinion and should not be judged for sharing it.