Options

taking flu shot

Ladies, I know I should be asking my doctor and I will. However, I wanted to get a census on how many of you have taken the flu shot already? How many of you have already spoken with your doctor about taking the flu shot and what they say about it. I don't want to wait until I'm PG to take it. I'm planning on having my first IUI in late December. I know this may sound strange to many, but I do not believe in taking flu shots and never have as an adult. I do know that it would be in the best interest of my furture children to do so.

Comments

• Options
    I got the flu shot and the whooping cough too. I've never taken these as an adult either but I figured better be safe. My OB suggested it since I am "planning a pregnancy". My sister got Swine Flu while she was pregnant...she and the baby were ok but boy was she miserable.
  • Options
    I've never had a flu shot (even though I'm an elementary school teacher and everyone tells me I'm crazy). I don't like medicine unless I really need it. If the doc is insistent, I may do it, but that remains to be seen.

Lots of luck to you with your IUI! I'm hoping to have mine in November.
  • Options
    I normally never get the flu shot either but I got one last week before I knew for sure that I was not pregnant with my third IUI. I don't like to get so many vaccines but since it might affect pregnancy I went ahead and got it. I had to get an MMR vaccine before I started my IUIs as well. If I have to do it I'd rather do it before I'm actually pregnant if possible.
  • Options
    After researching I decided against the flu shot. The flu shot has not been safely tested on pregnant woman so I opted against it. Yes, I am scared of getting the flu while pregnant but I think I am more scared of what effects the shot may have on my child.