Options

ovulation timing after hcg shot

I am going to call my doctor Monday and ask, but I thought maybe someone would know the answer to this question and save me a phone call. I went in for a trigger shot on Nov. 17. I had IUI on Nov. 18. I had no signs of ovulation until Nov. 23. Is it possible not to ovulate until 5 days after the shot? I thought it was supposed to make you ovulate within 36 hours?

Comments

• Options
    austingurl, I felt the same way with my iui's. I usually can feel and tell when I'm ovulating. My thought was, with several follicles ready to go, I should feel something. I asked my doctor and he just said that isn't necessarily the case. I had my second iui last week and I swear that I felt myself ovulating last night on my left side... 7 days later. So, I've been curious about the same thing????
  • Options
    yes you are supposed to ovulate within 36 hrs. thats what the HCG does.
  • Options
    I've had 4 IUIs, each with HCG trigger shot. I usually ovulate about 40 hours after my trigger shot. I get really bad cramps 40 hours after the trigger so that's why I say I ovulated. My doctor said the cramps are probably from ovulation but that if I didn't feel cramps that didn't meant I hadn't ovulated.

My fear was always that I'd ovulate in less than the 36 hours, before my IUI and miss the chance with my IUI but my doctors reassure me each month that I wouldn't.

How do you know you didn't ovulate until a few days later? Are OPK accurate after a trigger? I would think the drug would mess with the test.
  • Options
    kaylababy, I just had my 2nd iui and triggered with follicles that were 28,26,22,18 and 15cm. I thought I would feel something with all those mature eggs waiting to be released. Instead, it was too quiet, no ovulation pains. I expressed this to my doctor because I normally can feel when i've ovulated each and every month, without drugs and before trying to get pregnant. I just want to know, why is it so different now? And with all those eggs and NO BFP... it make me think that I'm not ovulating in time.
  • Options
    This is my third IUI and each time I've triggered and then gone in for the IUI the next day. I'm guessing it's because when they take blood, my LH level is already up so between my own LH and the trigger, I guess I'm ovulating in less time? The first time I didn't feel like I ovulated at all, though my BBT did rise. The second time I did have ovulation cramping. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if I ovulate tomorrow as I had the trigger shot tonight.
  • Options
    cc2011 - This is why i've been so confused with both my iui's. Like clockwork: I've had the trigger on a Friday, iui on Saturday and Sunday, two weeks later, on a Monday take blood test (negative), AF shoes up on Friday (4 days later) seven days if you count the day you trigger... each time. I know that the meds will throw your cycle off but AF show up on the same day each time. That makes me think that I am ovulating late each time. So frustrating! I've only spoken to my nurse... doc hasn't had time for me yet... I will discuss this on Monday. I just don't believe that we should be treated the same, especially after several iui's. I don't know about you, but I don't have money to waist :)