Options

Both Fallopian tubes removed

I can't even begin to explain how I'm feeling....I just knew I would come out of the lap surgery with at least one fallopian tube left. The only way to get pregnant now is through IVF which I had never even considered, plus my insurance doesn't cover it. My RE said there is no way I would have ever gotten pregnant with my fallopian tubes because they were swollen as big as sausages and severely damaged. I'm in shock, I'm only 29 and I never would have thought this would be happening to me. When my 1st and only IUI didn't work in March I just thought that I would try again....I'm waiting for my clinic to call me back and let me know if I can make a payment plan for the IVF. My RE said I didn't have to wait and I could try in June with my next cycle, June 7th, after he meets with me on June 3rd. I hope they allow payment plans because it's my only chance, I want this so bad....Everyone keeps telling me to relax and be grateful that they removed the fallopian tubes before it made me sick but they just don't understand what its like to sit and just think about how I have no fallopian tubes. It's devasting.... Anyway, thanks for listening to me rambling on

Comments

• Options
    So sorry to hear that, Sunshyne2010. But hang in there! You absolutely can get pregnant via IVF and although it's expensive, at least it's an option.

Most RE's don't do payment plans, but they'll refer you to a health financing company that will offer you a loan to cover the IVF, like this one:

http://fertilityfinance.net/

The interest rates can be high, but it's usually better than using credit cards.

Another option is taking a loan from your 401K, if you have one. The interest is very low and you're essentially paying it to yourself.

There are also some discounted IVF services out there (esp. for your age--that's a real bonus) in different parts of the country (could be worth traveling for). Here's one I know of:

http://www.ecoivf.com/

And there are also clinics that offer Mini-IVF (less meds) all around the country.

So don't give up!

--CSS
  • Options
    Don't give up hon... you can still have your dream... you just have to do it a different way, that's all... don't give up on YOUR kids... keep trying.
  • Options
    Sunshyne2010 i am so sorry!!! please dont let this bring you down! look at the possitive in this! you r lucky ivf is even an option... for many women its not! everything will work out i know it! i know its a shock right now but ur gonna end up with twins and forget about May 2010!
  • Options
    Oh Sunshyne2010, I'm so sorry to hear this. I can't imagine what you are going through. I feel like I really bonded with you because we both had our first IUI in March and went through the torturous 2ww together.

I'm glad you had the surgery and found out what was wrong. I know someone who went through something similar and had to take the IVF route. She was glad she found out early in her journey that IVF was the only way. It worked the first try and she saved herself months and years of trying and heartbreak.
    Please don't give up on your dream. Keep me posted.
    xoxo
  • Options
    Sunshyne2010 its june 3rd... how did it go today?
  • Options
    Let me start by thanking you all so much for your kind words of encouragement. I've been so distraught, can't stop crying......
    EMMY- I feel just as close to you and feels better to know that someone cares. How are things with you? I went to see my RE today and he explained to me that there was no other solution but to remove both fallopian tubes. He informed me that right now they aren't doing financing although things may change in the future. I checked with my place of employment and they said they can't just change my health insurance policy because we receive a group discount so they would have to change all of them which they can't afford.
    My heart aches....I don't know what to do....
  • Options
    CSS- Thanks a lot for the information.
  • Options
    You're most welcome. And it's of course up to you, but you might want to consider shopping around for another doctor who does use a health financing company since there's a lot of them around.

--CSS
  • Options
    Sunshyne2010 i wish there was something i can do. my heart goes out to you! just don't give up on ur dream of being a mommy!! i hope ur family has been there for you... what is thier say?? if u ever need to talk my email is eshinas@aol.com
    xoxo