Options

1st Try after Clomid

Well, It finally happened, not BFP but OPK +! Although all of my blood work and HSG has come back normal and I am 40yrs old, my doctor gave me a round of Clomid for my 1st IUI attempt. I had a positive OPK last month at cd12 but after taking the Clomid, didn't get my SMILEY FACE until today, cd17!! I'll be going in for my IUI at noon tomorrow and am so excited.

For those who take Clomid, just know that it's normal to ovulate 5-10 days after taking your last dose of Clomid. It's been torture and now I pray for a successful 1st attempt.

Comments

• Options
    Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for the heads-up. I just finished my first round of Clomid (100mg) last night and due to go in for another ultrasound on Wednesday.

What day in your cycle did you end your Clomid meds?

Andrea
  • Options
    Hi Andrea,

I took Clomid cd 5-9 and got my positive opk on cd 17. The Clomid delays ovulation and they say you should have your LH surge approx 5-10 days after your last dose of Clomid. I didn't have the u/s as my RE said that it really wasn't necessary as she would do the iui anyway and wanted to save me some $$.

I'm now 7dpiui and can't wait....one more week of inpatiently waiting.

Keep me posted. BTW, where are you located??

Jen
  • Options
    This is to my first try after clomid and had my 2nd IUI this morning. Now the waiting begins....
  • Options
    Ugh! It's torture isn't it? I failed my 1st attempt and am now due to have my 2nd attempt in a few days. Baby dust to you!! Let me know how you make out.

Jen ( Jennifer7170@msn.com)
  • Options
    After a long, TTC journey, we have had success!

Now, I would like to help you and your family to be.
    I have several sealed boxes of Bravelle for sale for only $95 per box. Expiration date is 09/11.
    Ships from CA.
    ***If you buy more than one, I can discount it even more!***

Quick Shipping.
    I Accept Paypal.

email: f.sale81 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Thanks and best of luck.
  • Options
    Thanks Jennifer7170, Yeah now it seems like this is the longest 2 weeks ever.
  • Options
    I am having issues ovulating and it is frustrating. I was on the pill for a long time and because of my age, I want to start trying to conceive ASAP. My doctor wrote me Femara as he said it was 'easier' on me. I started it on Day 3 and I am on Day 12 and still neg OPK's but some discharge, etc. I did ovulate beautifully in Oct (unmedicated) on day 15 so maybe this is just late. I do not want to miss another cycle. I may ask for Chlomid next time if Femara does not work for me.
  • Options
    Hi misskris, the ovulation induction meds; Clomid and Femara will delay ovulation the first time you take it. Most of the time, by your second cycle on it, the cycle will normalize. The docs say that it's normal to get a positive OPK 5-10 days after your last dose of the med. Give it some time, it will happen.

Jen
  • Options
    Hmmm... I did not know that,. That wasnt explained to me. My gyn actually wrote it, not my RE. He talked to me a little about it and wrote me 3 cycles worth but I didnt know it would delay things. Well,I hope something happens since I am sick of the negative OPKS the last couple of months. I had a darn cyst in Nov that delayed my period, and I am prone to mid cycle cysts and it sucks. I feel some ovarian pain so I hope it isnt another cyst. We shall see. Thank you.
  • Options
    No problem misskris. You should try testing in the morning, afternoon and evening. I like the Clearblue Easy OPKs with the smiley face as positive. THey are the easiest to use.

Good Luck.

JEn