Options

Extra Vials

Just wondering. If I get pregnant but still have vials left over what happens to the vials? If I want to sell them back how does that work? I've seen people posting that they have vials for sale. Does that mean I have to hope to sell them back or can I just "return" the unused unshipped vials.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    If you sell them back to CCB they only give you half the amount you paid. If you are thinking of having another child you pay for storage and they hold them there for you. So many people post that they have them for sale because they are hoping to get back more than the half price CCB gives.
  • Options
    Hi kay -

We want to make sure you have every opportunity to reach your personal family goal. To help you do so, we offer free storage (through Family Today & Family Tomorrow) and the chance to sell back any unused vials that have not left our facility (per FDA regulation). We have a responsibility to both you, and any future client that may end up with those vials, to make sure they have remained safely stored and uncontaminated.

Many of the people trying to sell extra vials are doing so because they have left CCB's control and we can not take them back. It is likely those vials have been kept safe by a physician, but there is no way to guarantee it.

If anyone does purchase vials outside of CCB, it is important to notify us for pregnancy tracking purposes. We take limititng the number of offspring per donor very seriously, and third party resale of our vials to new families can effect those numbers.

Here is more info on the Buy Back: http://www.cryobank.com/Services/Additional-Services/Vial-Buy-Back/

Regards,

Scott
    CCB