Options

DONOR 11687!?!

Has anyone had trouble falling pregnant with this donor?

My partner & I had our first IVF cycle this month & I managed to get 12 eggs (which were all reported as really good) but none managed to fertilize so we really don't know what to think :(

We just want to know if anyone else has had a similar thing happen to them?

Any information would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Hey loujcarr:

I am actually on my 5th IUI with this donor. The first 3 IUI's were natural cycles. The 3rd ending in a chemical pregnancy. My 4th IUI I took a low dose of clomid. It ended in a BFN. We are currently on our 5th IUI. I go in for my beta on Thursday, so we probably won't know the results until Friday. This last cycle they increased my clomid dose. I had two good sized follicles.

The doctors told us that it takes an average of 6 months for IUI to work. We bought enough viles for me and my wife (we would like our children to be related).

I know of 1 woman who is pregnant and doing well with this donor. Other than that I don't know. We are extremely frustrated and its been an emotional roller coaster. According to our doctors Donor 11687's sperm always look great.

We find out at the end of this week if I am pregnant or not. We are thinking about trying a new donor this next round, if it doesn't work.

I will keep you posted. I am sorry to hear your IVF was unsuccessful.

Hang in there.

Erin
  • Options
    Hello,

I have also bought vials of 11687, but I don't start my IUI's until early next year. I am 26 with no known fertility issues, so I hope I have enough vials in store to yield a BFP :) I wish you both the best of luck!

Tara
  • Options
    Hi ladies,

Thanks for your message & I wish you both the very best of luck also - plese keep me posted with how you go with this donor & I will also keep you posted with how we go. I now have to wait a few months though until my body is recovered after all the hormones to give this another try (maybe second time lucky). My next round of IVF they are going to do ICSI so hopefully this will bypass the process that didn't work the first time.

Erin - good luck & I hope you get a BFP! :)

Tara - I'm sure all will be fine for you - best of luck!

Jo
  • Options
    Hi, everyone! Just reading all the posts on 11687...I am currently on my TWW with IUI try #4 with this donor. My first 3 were BFN! I have no known fertility issues & my doctor wants to try 6 cycles before changing plans. Trying to stay positive...
  • Options
    loujcarr
    stay positive I also went trough this(not with this donnor)I had good amount of eggs and none fertilize,but after my doc changed my meds around I had 7very good embryos.so just talk 2 your doctor and he should be able to tell you what happend.good luck
  • Options
    Hi Edith & Pablo,
    Thanks for your message & giving me some hope that you had luck the second time round.

Yes this time the clinic are going to do ICSI so hopefully I'll also get some embryos after that process.