Options

1st timer...What should I know up front?!

Hi everyone!

I am so confused with all this! I will be doing IUI hopefully in a few weeks and have so many questions!

According to my Doctor the process is as easy as beginning Clomid on day 3-7, waiting for the positive on the OPK then going in the next day for IUI. Well, I know better than to think it is that simple!

He really was not informative at all about how all the Lh levels work and all the things that need to be perfect before IUI.

So my question is can anyone help me so that I can feel more educated about what I am getting into? It is such an expensive process that I want to be sure I know as much as I can!

Thank you for any help!

Comments

• Options
    You almost learn as you go...each person is different...

I have attempted three natural IUI's and now currently on my way with attempting a medicated IUI.

A perfect IUI - I'm hoping for the same thing!
  • Options
    CSSCSS Posts: 161
    There's tons of educational info online, as well as comments in various forums, so Google away!

It sounds like your doctor is starting you out with minimal medication, and then you can see how it goes.

I did four natural IUI cycles and just finished up a medicated (Femara, Gonal-F, trigger shot) cycle, which I feel much more confident about. We'll see how it goes.

Best of luck,
    CSS