Options

Had my first IUI

Today I had my first IUI, I had an egg on my left side but it didn't release yet, so I the doctor went and did the injection any way and gave me a HCG shot to help my egg release faster, he also told me that if my egg doesn't release in time then i will not be pregenct. I am scared and nervous cause all i want is to have a child and to find out i did all this and i might not be pregenct. I can't even take a early pregenacy test cause the shot might give me a false postive. this is going to be the longest two weeks of my life.

Comments

• Options
    Why didn't your doctor give the you the trigger shot 36 hours before your IUI? I had 7 IUIs and for each one I went in for my RE to check and see if I was ready if so she would tell me to give myself the shot like at 11pm that night and come back at 11am the after next ( 36hrs). It seem like your docotor did this backwards. DO let him/her do that to you again if you ever need to go back. I wish you well though.
  • Options
    Ok, I so did not proof read. Anyway, I meant do NOT let them do that.
  • Options
    I'm curious with the same questions as smaciegrace. I got pregnant with my first IUI and I'm now 5 weeks. Very new! My RE had a strict routine to follow. I did use a low dose of clomid, but that's because I'm 39 and he wanted any extra egg to be available. I started the process on day 2 -had a blood test to check hormone level and started clomid for 5 days. I started testing with the digital ovulation stick on day 9 and got a positive result on day 13 and went in for the IUI the next morning. Starting around day 7 the RE checked my follicle growth with a vaginal ultrasound. I had 3 eggs, but only 2 ended up maturing. The RE follows the development closely, as they need to measure the follicles. My doc likes them to be 25mm or close to it. I ovulated on my own but if I had needed the trigger shot - you give it to yourself at 11pm at night and come in not the next morning but the next. I'm doing this alone too, so we had to time it perfectly! Hope this info helps. best of luck!!