Options

trying to keep my spirits up

My brief back story since I think most people I started with on this board are gone....have been trying for a year now with IUI.
Got pregnant on the 5th try and miscarried at 3 months. Am now on 4th try since miscarriage (9th total) and feeling very down. I was so sure I'd have a baby by this time...or, at the very least, I should be 7 months pregnant right now if I hadn't miscarried.
I am in my 2ww (will be up on the 29th) and will most likely move onto IVF if this doesn't work. My doc sees no reason why it's not working but from a financial standpoint, I have spent more on IUI's then the IVF would have cost me...and who knows how many more IUI's it might take.
Just frustrated and needed to vent.

Comments

• Options
    Jaimec,
    I have been wondering how you are doing. I wish there was some magic words that would make it all better and help you get the baby you want and deserve. Just know you have friends who are supportive and want you to achieve this dream. I hope the 29th brings you happy news. I will be saying a prayer for you and hope you have lots of baby dust.
  • Options
    I know it's easier said than doing it, but you have to believe that it will happen to you. Sometimes, I think to myself "I will be pregnant and stay pregnant". I'm sure you have thought that too. But, when you go through a lot of 'disappointments' and I'm sure you will eventually have that one child, and you will think to yourself that he or she will be well worth it.

I haven't been where you were yet. I just went through two successful IUIs and then turned out to be both chemical pregnancies. The first time I wasn't depressed, because I thought of how far I've came along in the process (I was recommended almost a year ago to have a hysterectomy because of fibroids). But, I did feel let down after the second miscarriage. I keep thinking of how much I love my future child before he or she is even conceived.

My point is, don't give up at all and don't let go of the possibility. I'll pray for you that this would happen soon for you.
  • Options
    Thank you...I think the holidays make it extra hard.
  • Options
    Jamie,
    Keep your head up. I have been at this since 2010, and I too had a miscarriage. I have been through 11 IUI's. I know how the ups and downs can be. I have to believe that it is all worth it. I read a great book by Randine Lewis(http://www.amazon.com/Infertility-Cure-Ancient-Wellness-Pregnant/dp/0316159212)it has some great tips!

Keep your head up.
    M
  • Options
    Thanks for the book recommendation. As crazy as this sounds, it might be easier to deal with if the doctor said I had fertility issues. But even through all this, my tests show nothing wrong with me. Also making it harder, I was at my NT ultrasound and my baby looked perfect...except he no longer had a heartbeat. I am glad I got to see him one last time though.
  • Options
    Jamie keep your head up. Get the book it helped me to get my BFP after 12 tries and I too had a miscarriage. I read the book and followed what she said and got my BFP all natural no drugs at all. Its worth a try and remember we are all here for you.

Hugs,
    M
  • Options
    Thanks everyone....in addition to the holidays, my due date is quickly approaching and that is really affecting me.
  • Options
    My miscarriage was the hardest thing I have gone through yet, that was a year and a half ago, and it does get better.
  • Options
    Thanks Tomigrl...the holidays make it worse, plus the fact that I would have just started my maternity leave. I am trying to remain positive that things will get better in the new year.
  • Options
    Jaime... Was thinking of you... Hugs...
  • Options
    Yes, Jaimec, things like the due date or holidays or friends that were in same time frame as me with a pregnancy....those are the hardest. Even a year and a half later. I see their children and think of the baby I didnt have....its hard.