Options

IUI take 1 w/11848

We finally did our first IUI with donor #11848 yesterday. I did do a trigger shot on Sat. just to time it perfectly. Everything looked good, count and motility looked good, I guess now it just the TWW that I have to look forward to. Crossing my fingers for beginners luck!

Has anyone else used this donor yet? Tateman what have you decided?

luck & baby dust to everyone

Comments

• Options
    Oh, good luck mwiggill. We decided to go with 11848. I had an ultrasound and bloodwork on Sunday. They called me to come back for a second ultrasound tomorrow as the follicle "wasn't ready" for the trigger shot yet. So, I had two vials of 11848 shipped to me on Saturday and I dropped them off at the doctors office on Sunday (it's like handing over your children to a stranger :)

I anticipate inseminating either on Thursday and Friday or Friday and Saturday. Will likely give myself the trigger shot tomorrow night, which is Day 12 for me (we're going to do 2 IUI's this cycle).

So, if we both get BFP's, we'll have half-siblings that are only days apart, how great!!

Lots and lots of baby dust to you.

Michelle
  • Options
    Michelle,

That's great I am glad you were able to make a final decision for your IUI this month. I feel good about this donor and I like that he is really new, maybe he will stay with CCB for awhile.

I am really hoping it goes well for both of us and we just get BFP this month. I cannot believe how stressful the whole thing is. I think I spent more time talking, seeing, or waiting for my midwife this weekend then I have all year!!

It will be really fun to both be preggo just days apart

Let me know how it goes and I will do the same!

Baby dust all around!!!!
  • Options
    Mechelle,

I also have a really good feeling about this donor. I also love that he is new and he has alot of vials still available so I'm assuming there will be more folks out there that purchase him in the coming months. I had my first insemination this morning and am going back tomorrow morning for my second. I gave myself the shot last night after I detected +LH. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for both of us. I agree with you and think I have seen my doctors and all of the nurses in the office more this month than I have seen my partner or my son :) Let's hope the 3rd time is the charm for me. I inseminated with my last donor in July and September unsuccessfully so hopefully 3rd IUI and 1st with 11848 will be a big success. Keep me posted on any symptoms.

Michelle
  • Options
    Michelle,

This is craziness! I am trying to not worry or think about it but I can't. It is really a tough 2 weeks. I have done 5 iui's with my hubby's sperm but I have never been this nervous/anxious. Maybe that cause before I never thought there was a actually chance of it working.

I have never taken the trigger shot prior to this cycle. I am having pretty good cramping. Do you know if this is maybe caused by the trigger shot? I never cramp before AF (which is due fri/sat) also very slight nausea, but it goes almost a quickly as it comes. I figure it is way too early for real preggo symptoms(8 dpiui/9 dp hcg) so I assume this may be a side affect of the shot. What has been your experience with it?
  • Options
    What is a trigger shot?

Kara
  • Options
    It is a shot of Hcg(the hormone our bodies make when pregnant). It is used to force ovulation thus making the timing of your IUI more accurate.
  • Options
    mwiggill,

It is really crazy isn't it...I took the trigger shot for the first time in September and experienced, like you, some minor symptoms like cramping and nauseau. It's always soooo hard to tell because every little symptom I am hopeful it's an early pregnancy symptom. This month is my second time receiving the trigger shot and I also have had some cramping and nauseau here and there. I'm not due for AF until next Friday. Let's just assume that all of our symptoms are because we are pregnant :) In all reality, some of our symptoms are probably related to the increased HCG in our bodies, but every woman is different and I have heard some women who had the trigger shot say they had "alot" of symptoms and were BFN and others who had virtually no symptoms who were BFP. I don't usually have any cramping before period either and I do right now.

One more week to go and we will be pregnant :)

Keep me posted please......
  • Options
    Michelle,

Yes I think my head is making me have every pregnancy symptom possible. I am due for AF tomorrow (I have a 28 day cycle). So far nothing but I did take a digital test and wanted to toss it when "not pregnant" appeared (I think I like the line test better, then I can search for an imaginary line for 20 min. the digital one almost seems mean :)

I am still crossing my fingers that it is just too early to show up since it is only 12dpiui. It is exhausting doing this six months straight (5 w/hubby and 1 w/donor). But I just keep thinking when it finally works everything we did to to get there will be totally worth it!

Keep me posted too k
  • Options
    no luck for me this month...AF arrived, I am way bummed:(

Hopefully you will have better luck and get a BFP next week, let me know!
  • Options
    mwiggill, I am very sorry. I was so hopeful for you. Just keep having positive thoughts for next month. I am due for AF this Friday but of course today I feel like I'm getting PMS symptoms. I'm trying to ignore them, not that that will make a difference but it allows me 5 more days of hope. I also used the digital test back in July and I think I took the pregnancy test 15 times, just hoping it would change somehow. And you're right, it is just so cruel when you see NOT PREGNANT. I'm not even taking a test this month, I'm just going to wait until I either get my period or take the test when I'm really late. I went to doctors office last month for BETA pregnancy test and that was torture also just waiting all day for the phone call and then hearing the nurse on the other end saying "i'm sorry." I figured I try every method and keep hoping for a different response :)

Keep your positive thoughts, I know how sad and difficult this is, don't give up, it will happen for you.

Michelle
  • Options
    mwiggill, I am very sorry. I was so hopeful for you. Just keep having positive thoughts for next month. I am due for AF this Friday but of course today I feel like I'm getting PMS symptoms. I'm trying to ignore them, not that that will make a difference but it allows me 5 more days of hope. I also used the digital test back in July and I think I took the pregnancy test 15 times, just hoping it would change somehow. And you're right, it is just so cruel when you see NOT PREGNANT. I'm not even taking a test this month, I'm just going to wait until I either get my period or take the test when I'm really late. I went to doctors office last month for BETA pregnancy test and that was torture also just waiting all day for the phone call and then hearing the nurse on the other end saying "i'm sorry." I figured I try every method and keep hoping for a different response :)

Keep your positive thoughts, I know how sad and difficult this is, don't give up, it will happen for you.

Michelle
  • Options
    Hi Michelle,

Thanks for your encouragement I really do appreciate it. I agree with you and next month I am also not going to test I will just wait it out.

I really hope you get a BFP I can't wait to hear

Thanks again
  • Options
    mwiggill,

Unfortunately I tested this morning, day 14, and it was negative:( I swore I wouldn't test because I hate seeing "NOT PREGNANT" but I gave in and tested, now I wish I didn't. Next month I'm definitely not testing, I will just wait for AF or not.......

I don't know what to think. This is my 3rd unsuccessful IUI. I'm beginning to think there is something wrong with me but all of the tests suggest I am healthy with no fertility issues, but I am 40. I am soooooo sad and disappointed again and know that I have to stay positive and get ready for next month. I'll let myself be sad today and then I will start focusing on next attempt.
  • Options
    The fact that you are 40 yearsold is an explanation in itself. If IUI's are not working for you, I would move on to IVF ASAP. In a year or two, if you try to move to IVF, most programs will turn you down or required you to use donor eggs because of your age.

Check out these links for more information:

http://www.babycenter.com/0_chart-the-effect-of-age-on-fertility_6155.bc

http://www.asrm.org/Patients/patientbooklets/agefertility.pdf

http://www.socalfertility.com/age-and-fertility.html

http://www.webmd.com/infertility-and-reproduction/news/20050825/after-age-44-fertility-successes-are-few
  • Options
    Michelle,

I am so sorry. That is really frustrating, I was really hoping this would be the month for you. I agree it is very hard to hold out and not take a pregnancy test but I guess weather we take them or not the outcome stays the same.

Even though you are 40, an IUI worked for you just over a year ago right and they say the average is 4 times with IUI's from what I hear so I think it seems a bit early to move to IVF as Arkmom suggested.

I think we just need to keep thinking positive and know it will happen when it is suppose to happen (not that that makes the wait any easier). I really am sorry and completely understand the disappointment it brings.

November is going to be our month (then we can have a long HOT summer pregnant..Oh yeah!)
  • Options
    mwiggill,

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts. I am so hopeful and confident for next month. I always stay positive and you are right, I am an extremely healthy 40 year old and have had every test imaginable and all the results are perfect. I know that doesn't change the fact that I am 40 but my partner and I have already consulted with a RE and there are numerous reasons we are not deciding to go IVF at this time. I hold onto the fact that I gave birth to a very healthy baby one year ago and based on all my bloodwork and ultrasounds, my doctor is very hopeful it will happen again via IUI. So,now our decision is whether to inseminate with 11848 or with our previous donor.

I think I told you that my pursuit to reactivate my previous donor was successful and he is returning to the program in November. The catch is that it can take up to 8 months for his vials to be released. I am in touch with two women who have children with same donor (we are all very close and one of them has some vials she is willing to give me). Decisions, decisions.......So, we have to decide in next week or so which direction to go in. HHMMM!!

I have good feeling, either way, for both of us in November. How are you doing and are you already tracking for next insemination date? Isn't it crazy that we now live our lives in these two week increments :) Thank you again for your support.

Michelle
  • Options
    Michelle,

Wow, I didn't know about your prior donor coming back you must have been very persuasive. I know how badly you were hoping to have genetically identical siblings so that is great. Are you thinking of at least trying with the extra vials your friend has? Will you be able to use them this cycle if thats the route you go?

I am trying to be very positive about Novembers cycle as well. It is so true about living in 2 week cycles, from AF to ovulation 2 weeks, from insemination to AF 2 weeks, and all over again. Hopefully it wont be long until we can live in trimesters!!!

As far as tracking my cycle I had a really weird period this month which is strange because it is so reliable i plan vacations a year in advance around it. i am not sure if it was stress or the trigger shot or what but it was just a different cycle(very light and short). Anyway, I am going to get a follicle check on Tuesday just to make sure all is good then again Friday and most likely inseminate Sunday. Thats the plan as of now anyway. How about you? Besides all your big decisions what do you do to get ready for IUI?

Keep me updated on what you decide
  • Options
    Yes, my previous donor is actually starting the reactivation this week, which is very exciting. I asked CCB to contact him back in July after our first unsuccessful IUI. They contacted him and his busy work scheduled would not allow him to return. I thought that was the end of it but then I decided to ask CCB to recontact him and ask him again when I had my second unsuccessful IUI in September. I was so pleasantly surprised when CCB emailed me to say he worked something out with his boss. Makes me so happy that he is the father of my son as he must have really put alot of thought into the decision and went above and beyond at our request. But, now the decision to inseminate again in November or wait.....We have a consultation with our MD this week to try to decide what's in our best interest.

I know what you're saying about your cycle being off. I am always 28 days like clockwork and this month I was 3 days late. I'm never ever late. I'm glad I had take the pregnancy test, although it was negative, because if I had just waited for my period to find out I would have started getting really really excited about being late, only to be really really disappointed. I was also wondering if it was the trigger shot messing with my cycle. I have been regular for years and years. For the past two months I have been going in on day 9 for bloodwork and ultrasound, then they call me in afternoon with my plan. In September I gave myself trigger shot the following night and inseminated 36 hours later. In October I also went in on day 9 for bloodwork and ultrasound. They called me and asked me to come back in 3 day, day 12, for another ultrasound as follicle wasn't ready. I then gave myself shot the night of my 2nd ultrasound and inseminated 12 hours later and then again 36 hours later as I was using two vials that month. So, essentially the same preparation, just a little different as my follicle was further along in growth in September. All in all, neither month resulted in a BFP so I continue to realize what a true miracle it is to get pregnant. We will likely inseminate with previous donor, but may have to wait until December as my cycle is really off this month and not sure what MD will suggest.

I try to stay as stress free as possible before IUI but that in itself is difficult as this is all so stressful. One of my friends recommended acupuncture???? Another friend recommended following a fertility diet??? So many things.....I know when it's meant to be, it will happen. How exciting for you to inseminate next week. I am so hopeful for you and will be sending you all of the baby dust I can :)