Options

Pregnancy after Myomectomy

Hi Guys,

I'm a new member..found out i have multiple fibroid in January....did a hysteroscopy last month, and now i have the myomectomy scheduled for June 21....kinda nervous.
I wanted to know if anyone has been successful with a pregnancy following a myomectomy.....how long after the surgery should i start trying to conceive? is having twins a risk after myomectomy?

Comments

• Options
    nowords,

I haven't had these procedures, but with the research that I just did (I love Google!), it is possible to be pregnant after myomectomies, granted that any scars left can cause slight fertility issues. [b]However[/b], a majority of women DO get pregnant after the procedure. Your doctor may require you to have a c-section, though. 4 - 6 months seems to be about the wait until you get pregnant, but asking your doctor is definitely a do.

Twins seems to be pretty common among women who have had a myomectomy, but so do single babies. One woman I read about, in particular, was pregnant with a second single child after a myomectomy. It seems to pretty much be the same crap shoot that we all have! :)

I know you're in surgery today, and I hope everything goes well. I wish you the very best of luck, and I hope I was able to give you some answers.

AH
  • Options
    Thx for ur response. It answered my questions. My surgery went well. Thank God! I am now home. The doctor was able to get all my fibroid, but he said that 2 of them were deep in the walls of the uterus. Because those were so deep in the walls of the uterus, he recommended a c-section with subsequent pregnancies.
    Thx for ur well wishes. I wish u the best also.