Options

discouraged

So, the 4th attempt did not work. It's so frustrating. I was pretty sure this time worked because I felt so different...bouts of crying which I never have done, nausea, and really tired. But, then AF arrived yesterday. I was so emotional I called in sick today and took the day to lay in bed and have a pity party.

Then to top it all off, I got an explanation of benefits in the mail that said my insurance has denied 2 months of my IUIs. When I called, they said they denied the March ones too, which makes 3 months. They said they were denied because my dr did not get the proper preauthorization. I called my dr and they are looking into it, so basically my dr is fighting with my insurance. I only have 2 more vials left and thought I could afford a few more, but I probably can't if my insurance continues to deny my claims. I am just so frustrated with this process. I hope my dr will at least cut me a break or something if they did not take the proper steps, and the lady in billing told me today that my file was flagged and showed I needed a preauthorization.

My dr decided today to step up to injectibles for the last two vials in case I don't try anymore after these two. But then I heard the meds might not be in by the time I need them next week, so we might have to skip a month. It just seems everytime I take a step forward, I have to take 2 back. I know tomorrow or the next day I will get my second wind and will feel better, but today has just been so frustrating.

Thanks for reading while I vent.

Comments

• Options
    Hugs to you austingurl!! I totally understand your frustration. My insurance won't cover anything (except the meds because my prescription insurance is a different company) so I feel your financial worries. I am in the middle of my tww from my 4th attempt. I did injectibles this time plus back-to-back IUI's but as we all know there are no guarantees. Good for you for taking the day off for yourself...everyone outside of this process says to be positive, but we all need our pity party in order to mourn and move on to the next month!
  • Options
    Hugs to you autingurl. I understand how you feel. Stay positive and do something for yourself this weekend. Even if it is only a long walk in the woods. I find that helps clear my mind. My insurance covers nothing so I can understand. I now have to call and discuss all of the tests they want to do.

Stay positive and if you do not have a puppy dog or cat find a friend and borrow their animal if you like animals. They love us and always make us feel better.

Keep us up to date on what is going on.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry austingurl. It just doesnt seem fair, does it? All the time, energy, emotions and money spent and nothing to show for it. And it's no ones fault, just really bad luck. Have your pity party and get all the tears out and get back on that horse. Lately when I get discouraged about this process, I think about eeh and how she finally had success on her sixth try. I'm sure she got very discouraged along the way but she didn't give up and now she's knocked up!! Hang in there gurl.
  • Options
    Austingurl, I am so sorry. While I was blessed to have the procedures covered, even the vials are so expensive. I never thought about how the financial impact, since we all hope it will take right away.

What helped me was talking to a counselor. While I have had tons of support, few people in my life fully understood where I was coming from, and I was sooo tired of crying to them. The therapist was a fresh and neutral perspective; I recommend it. You all certainly helped, too!

shonarb, I'm honored to think that my story helps you keep your head high. I have such high hopes for all of us! Good luck, friends! Sending hugs and positive thoughts.
  • Options
    Austingurl, I am so sorry. I know what you mean when you say 'I felt so different'. I had that same experience on my fifth IUI but turned out BFN too. just like shonarb said, have your pity party and then get back on that horse. You can do this! Big hugs to you!
  • Options
    Big hugs, Austingurl, this is tough. I agree with AnissaS, walking does wonders. My aussie dog is my therapist :)
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement. I am feeling better today. I just needed a short pity party. I did go for a walk and played with my two dogs. I started my meds again yesterday and am ready for round 5. Here we go again...
  • Options
    Yay, austingurl! I'm glad you're feeling better. Good luck!!!
  • Options
    Yippee! Good luck!
  • Options
    how are things going austingurl?