Options

To change or not to change .... so many decisions

Looking for some input. Lots of decisions to make in the next few days. I did my first cycle and unfortunately only got one embryo. One is better than none.

So, my choices are 1) use the next cycle to implant this embryo. Obviously, if I get pregnant then this will likely be my one and only child since I'm already almost 40 and I won't have any embryos remaining.
2) Do another fresh cycle to try for more embryos - obviously no guarantee.

However, I responded really well to the IVF stim meds. Ended up with 16 mature eggs, 10 fertilized eggs and 3 morulas and 1 blast.

It haunts me a bit what happened to those morulas - I feel like they should have made it! (They say they can't blame the sperm but I did read that morulas not making it to blasts can be a sperm factor and not an egg factor - but this is just stuff online don't know if it has any merit).

I asked my doctor if I should change sperm donors and she said "it couldn't hurt." Problem is that if that one embryo does become a baby, and I do have more than one child, they obviously wouldn't be full siblings. How much does this matter?

There are so many variables that my head is spinning.

Any thoughts? Thanks everyone!
KC

Comments

• Options
    Reading your post it seems to me that you have a baby right there waiting for you. I am not at the point of IVF yet. They say I need 6 failed IUI cycles before insurance will pay for it. If I where you I would proceed with the embryo you have. If you decide for more embryos I think that full siblings would be nice.

Another thought I don't know how you feel about but I have been thinking about it. Going through this process made me realize how precious children are. I mentally decided that I would do IUI IVF until I got at least one child then I would adopt. I think that would be a really cool option. Hope this helps