Options

Donor #3477

Hi, This donor is about 6+ years expired. Anyone have children from this donor? We have not connected with anyone yet and have searched. There are only 2 boys and 2 girls born of this donor (that have been reported), and no contact info :(
Any info would be great! -MJ

Comments

• Options
    I hope you are still reading these forums. I just registered after years of hesitation.

I may have a daughter by this donor, born in 2005...I say "may" because we used two donors the month we conceived. (Explanation below) The other donor was full Asian, and since our daughter's physical appearance is very Asian we assumed that the other donor was the bio father.

However - We just had our daughter's DNA tested through 23andme, and she is showing as only 25% Asian. Thus making #3477 the only possible bio father.

I know this probably will sound horrible. We were desperate to conceive (I was 39 at the time) and using the second donor was because of a miscommunication I made with another cryobank - #3477 was almost out of vials and we were looking for another donor. The sample for the second donor had been thawed in error and I just went ahead and had it IUI'd so as not to "waste" it. Hope that makes sense :)

Our daughter is an interesting kid. Bright, beautiful, buoyant personality. She is also on the autism spectrum and has experienced many challenges in group situations. But she is very extroverted, as #3477 appears to be. I look at her with amazement and admiration every day - I think she will bloom into a wonderful person.
  • Options

How did I miss these replies! So happy to be seeing these now! Just hope you get these replies! Our son was born 2/2005, we did DNA testing last year through Myheritage. Not sure if the DNA samples ever meet up sometime. I'm thinking about starting a FB page for sharing photos and stories privately.

• Options

Ok, I made it! CCB 03477 Family if you choose to join! :)