Options

Sperm count for IUI

Hi - I'm a newbie - had my first IUIs 2&3 days ago, and the nurse who performed the procedure said the counts were very low.
I had - post thaw & wash - between 12-15 million with 70-80% motility in the two samples. That means that with a sample of 0.3cc/mL that was actually put in me, there's only ~4M motile sperm.
My questions:
- Does that number make sense given the guidelines?
- When people are talking about counts are they refering to the sample size or per cc/mL?
- Are all CCB samples 0.5mL?
- Has anyone had success at these levels (assuming all else good)?

Thanks for any help!! Driving myself a little crazy during the 2WW "discovering" all this info I probably should have known beforehand...

Comments

• Options
    I had my first IUI on 12/21/11 and will be getting my blood test on 01/04/12 so believe me, I know how awful the 2ww is!!
    Unfortunately, I am new to this also so I can't answer your questions regarding sample size vs. cc/ML. Did your doctor feel this was a good sample? From what I have read on these message boards it mainly seems to be a matter of luck. I had hoped that doing this medically (besides the fact that I am single) would improve my chances of becoming pregnant, but my doctor said that is not necessarily true. I used one vial and my doc said there were 25 million sperm with 90% motility and that didn't guarantee anything. Just try to stay positive, keep yourself busy and try not to do too much of your own research online because, if you're like me, that will just freak you out!! Good luck and baby dust to you! Let us know how it goes.