Options

2ww 5th IUI

We had our IUI this morning. This is our 5th IUI. We used injectables this time around which is the most aggressive treatment before IVF. We are pretty hopeful this time around as we had several mature follicles (around 4) and about 5 or 6 smaller follicles. We start progesterone on Tues and then test for pregnancy on August 19th...
Anyone else starting their 2ww or used injectables for their treatment?

Michelle and Angela R

Comments

• Options
    I just completed my 3rd IUI on July 26...I jumped the gun yesterday and took a pregnancy test...BFN...and I am having signs of AF. I think our next step is to do injectables (before I was on clomid and the trigger shot). How were the injectables? I am deathly afraid of needles. I hope this works for you....sending positive thoughts your way!
  • Options
    Hello hopefully you will get your BFP soon! Injectables were not too bad but this kind of treatment has 7 shots and 3 blood tests to test your estrogen levels. I had my partner give me the shots to ease the fear of the whole process. Thanks for the thoughts and we send them your way. Let me know how things turn out!
  • Options
    I actually got my AF two days early if you can believe that....So I am going back to the doctors tomorrow. I am going to try and get on the injectables so we will see. I hope it works for you.....This will be my fourth one.....
  • Options
    I used injectables for my 9th insemination attempt, and they worked for me! I'm now 8 weeks pregnant.

At first, I was scared of the needles as well, but I found that it got easier each day. I used Menopur for 9 days, then the trigger shot. I had three mature follicles. I did an ICI at home 24 hours after the trigger shot and an IUI at the RE's office 12 hours after that.

(Previously I had tried 3 unmedicated cycles and 5 cycles on clomid. Knowing what I know now, I would have asked for injectables several months earlier!)

Good luck!
  • Options
    acreighton 7,
    We are on about the same schedual. We did our 5th IUI on Aug 6th. This is our 3rd try with Clomid and HCG trigger shot. Have you tested yet? I broke down and tested today (BFN). HOpefully just too early. Are you having any symptoms??? Hopefully this is lucky #5 for both of us.
  • Options
    Hello Everyone, Thanks for the reponses to our post. I actually got my period this morning so this cycle was not successful again. It is very disappointing for us because we've tried 5 times now. Don't really know what else to do at this point. We may do a home insimination next but that would be months from now as we are going to research and really figure how to do that and maybe more testing to see what is going on with my body and why we can't conceive. We are also considering fostering for the time being. Caliseastar Congratulations on your pregnancy! 9 attempts and now you guys are pregnant must be an amazing experience for you!! That gives me hope to know that it is possible. Ready 4baby4 keep me updated on you cycle this month and if you are indeed pregnant--baby dust to you and your partner. SAMac hang in there...soon you will share good news!! Good luck to you all!

Angela and Michelle R

P.S. Caliseastar can you email some information on how you did your home ICI? We are interested in trying this soon! Thanks
  • Options
    hi my partner and I want a child sooo bad we have even considered adopting her daughters fourth unborn child, but there is nothing like haveing our own and we want to do it as natural as possible so we both have a part in it! We are very much interested in home insimination is are there any suggestions have any of u guys done ici at home thank you!!!
  • Options
    Hi ladies,
    AF started today so I guess attempt #5 was unsuccessful.....This is so frustrating!!!! I guess we are planning to attempt one more time and if that doesn't work out try to move on. It is just soooo disappointing. Good luck to everyone still in their TWW.
  • Options
    Hi ready4baby4,
    Sorry to hear that AF started. It is surreal for us as we had high hopes this time. When will you try again? We are moving on to fostering in hopes to adopt. Maybe we will try again down the road. Good luck and keep me posted on you nxt 2ww.

Angela