Options

Any success with 12965?

I've gone three rounds with this donor with no success. There are not any reported pregnancies on the website and it looks like he filled out his profile in 4/11. It could be my body, but I'm just wondering....I switched to a donor with confirmed pregnancies.

Comments

• Options
    I am actually 6 weeks pregnant from this donor. tried 3 or 4 times with iui and nothing but 1st round of IVF and I'm pregnant.I haven't reported yet because I just got released to my obgyn and they are going to take care of it.
  • Options
    I'm in the early stages of looking into donors/deciding on if this is the route for me, but this is the donor I would choose due to a desired ancestral match. My only "struggle" is that I wish he was open ID (I had a positive reunion with bio relatives so I'm biased that way). If you don't mind me asking, what are your feelings on siblings/connecting siblings?
  • Options
    I think siblings should connect with siblings. I would hope it would be a wonderful experience for my son who is only 4 months old. I picked an open donor and hope some day he will meet his siblings and his father. Good luck in your journey.
  • Options
    The donor I used with my first 3 IUI's was anonymous. When those didn't work, I decided to choose a new donor and wanted an open one. I had decided I shouldn't make a decision now for my future child, he/she should be free to make that decision and I would hate to have caused a roadblock.
  • Options
    I am definently open to my child connecting with siblings and hope to be able to give my child a sibling in the future.
  • Options
    I am so happy to find this posting about this donor. Also, Congratulations User Mrssm1th!! I have been stalking donor 12965 on here for a while. I alike the cultural piece as he is half Peruvian. It's so difficult to find Peruvians. My wife is Peruvian and i'm black of Caribbean descent so it would have been wonderful to have that connection. However, I am concerned with the fact that the donor is closed. I would really prefer an open donor. So we are thinking about straying from using this donor. My wife is sad about it, but understands due to the open donor situation. What do you guys think? My wife and I are open to connecting with our future child's siblings. I actually connected with my half sister in my late teens and it was a great experience.
  • Options
    Mom2Be, I'm also drawn to the Peruvian factor (my kids' dad is Peruvian and I'm of Irish descent, so a child would have the same ancestral background as their, technically half, siblings), though I can see why parents would lean towards open donor, I wonder if sometimes the donors change their mind. That may be hard for a child to process (I know some adoptees who faced rejection from bio parents).

mrssm1th, I hope your pregnancy is going well for you :)
  • Options
    I am 20 weeks pregnant from this donor with a baby boy and so far things are great. It would have been nice to be able to let the donor know of our success and thank him. I would have liked to of had the option for our child to know him but am ready to deal with not being able to. I would love to keep in contact with others who conceive using this donor as well. Best of luck to you all.
  • Options
    Did anyone have a very large baby with this donor?
  • Options
    I'm expecting my first in a few months. I'll know soon enough.
    I heard from mrssm1th, that her baby was a big boy and they had to get him out a couple of weeks earlier. But he is a beautiful and healthy baby.
  • Options
    I
  • Options
    Hi--I just gave birth to a beautiful, healthy baby boy using this donor. Had first time success using IUI. I delivered 4 weeks early because I developed preeclampsia and we are both doing great. Good luck to anyone using this donor.
  • Options
    Does anyone
  • Options
    Does anyone have extra vials of this donor that you would consider transferring to us? We have 1 baby already with this donor and want to have another with the same donor.
  • Options
    I don't know what gave me the curiosity to search up Donor 12965 on Google and to my surprise I find this... Well I delivered my Baby girl from this Donor in July I must say she is beautiful. Also has the same dimple as the donor. When I received the package once I registered my delivery I cried because I noticed that dimple. As for a big Baby? I delivered 8 weeks early due to my placenta erupting but baby is okay she was pretty big for 8 weeks early and is now in the 99% of her height and weight for her age so yea she's pretty big.congratulations to all moms I hope I will someday be ready to share this with my little one.
  • Options
    stoyle and babyJ2014, we have a small, private Facebook group for families that have used 12965 and have successful pregnancies. If you add your children to the sibling registry with a current email address one of us could add you to the group.
  • Options
    Is there a fee to join the sibling registry?
  • Options
    I'm just seeng this now, glad you are interested. There aren't any fees associated with the sibling registry. You can use the search tool on the main page to find a link to sign up.
  • Options
    To stoyle or anyone who would like to discuss additional vials...I have several in storage after 2 successful deliveries with 12965
  • Options
    CGVS,

If you haven't already, consider posting this on our donor sibling registry. Several mom's are looking to expand their families.
  • Options
    Nella14

Sorry I missed your post/response. I called and left you a message early this morning...didn't realize the time.

We still have vails and will try you again. If possible let us know the best times. We are EST.

Thanks
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestion TwinMomIM13.