Options

Having your partner inject it.

Has anyone tried to do it at home and it word so its like your partner really got u preggers???

Comments

• Options
    Don't understand your question but Yes, It works at home. My partner is currently 20 weeks pregnant!
  • Options
    my cousin and her partner did it at home and got pregnant. It works, their doctor was shocked!
  • Options
    Yes it does work at home! Doctors don't recommend at home inseminations, but I don't see a problem with it!
  • Options
    it hard to docs that will sign your a1 form for at home AIs or ICIs
  • Options
    I've heard of people who have done it, but at home you can only do an ICI, not an IUI which has a higher sucess rate since it puts the sperm closer to the fallopian tube.
  • Options
    I was the one to inject my partner, it was a great experiance and we now have a beautiful 16 month old boy...worked on the sencond try
  • Options
    My partner inseminated me at home 3 weeks ago and I now have a positive on the preg test! So yes it really does work!
  • Options
    Just make sure you're fully prepared (it's not as easy as it sounds) and in particular, get the right size syringe. Mine was too big and didn't fit into the teeny-tiny vial, so I had to pour it into something else and I'm pretty sure the little swimmers died in the process. Went back to IUIs after that.
  • Options
    My partner inseminated me, but it was at the RE's office. The DR put the tube in place and then let Carla do the rest...it worked on our first try.

Good luck.
  • Options
    I wanna do it at home too. I dont wanna do it with RE, I have already spent to much. So who else can sign the A1 form? Does CCB call to verify the information provided? What else do I need to know when doing ICI at home? Thanx.
  • Options
    hey pamela am sure where you live but in the mid west area it only coast 125 for IUI at RE office
  • Options
    No. Our dr explained that the vial (1cc) is only 1/10th of an ejaculation (!!??!!) so to begin you are starting with only 10% then with an ICI, only 1% makes it to the uterus. I took it with a grain of salt and did some research on my own.. everything I found (save a few posts on here) substantiated his data and we are now moving onto IUI's. Yes, it works is a very small margin.. but it has cost us 7,000 to realize that is isn't worth the risk. Good luck! If you try at home I hope you defeat the odds!!!
  • Options
    My partner and I just inseminated at home yesterday and are now anticipating a positive result. According to our doctor and research I have done yes you can concieve successfully at home despite the odds being slim. However, I will let you know in about two weeks!!!!Wish us luck and we wish u luck as well. (Remember all things are possible in God who stregthens us!!!!!!)
  • Options
    For those of you who have done the ICI at home - what size needle-less syringe did you use?
  • Options
    for our at home insemination we used a 10 ml needless syringe , but after the injection we place an instead cup in for about 5 hours because my partner had to go to work( u can get them from rite aid or walgreen)
  • Options
    Thanks so much, mom2b. We have one of those but were worried it wouldn't fit in the 1ml vial.
  • Options
    my theory on an ICI is this..heterosexual couples get preggo all the time at home. No most RE's dont reccomend this even when using a known donor(I asked out of curiousity). However if u know someone willing to donate for you and you trust them I say go for it. U wont be putting out any money unless you agreed to pay for each donation or take them to dinner or whatever. Besides most women I have talked to (les and strt) have said it means more when their partner injects it as then the two of them have made their child.