CBE fertility monitor

We use a CBE fertility monitor to track my partners cycle. It has always been spot on.

Relevant details:
We normally have 1 day with two bars and then the very next day, she surges.

The issue: We've had two bars for 3 days

For those of you who successfully use the monitor:

How many days to you usually stay at the 2 bar mark? Have you ever seen the monitor error out at this level?

We've been double checking against the generic OPK's, and the line is still faint...

Help!

Comments

• Hi teambs,

I've also been using the CBE fertility monitor. For me it has been a little different each cycle. I tracked for 3 months before I had my first IUI. 1st month I went straight from 1 bar to peak the next day. 2nd month I had 5 days with 2 bars beforing hitting peak, and 3rd month I had 6 days at 2 bars before hitting peak. Not sure if it worked though as I'm still in my TWW. For the first 2 months I also used the OPK's to see if the monitor was accurate and both months my OPK was in line with the monitor. I never saw the monitor error out.

Good luck!!
  • Hi teambs,

I have been using the CBE fertility monitor, and at the same time have been trying out fertility drugs. My reproductive endocrinologist warned me that the CBE may or may not work with the drugs. I had four or five days on a 2 before going to a 3 without the drugs, but when I was testing out the letrozole last month, I had 3 days at a 2 before going to a 3. So last month, on the 2nd day at 2, a Friday, I had an ultrasound, and the RE said that one of the follicles was ready to go at any time (25 mm). I went to a 3 48 hours later, on Sunday. Then, on the second day of the 3, Monday, I had my LH and progesterone tested, and the RE said that based on the progesterone, I had already ovulated (and possibly ovulated BEFORE the monitor went to a 3 on Sunday). So I think the CBE monitor only half-works with the different drugs.

I'm taking this month off so I'm really curious how the monitor behaves this month. It's really worrisome because since we can't do inseminations on a Sunday, and I'm on a 28 day cycle, the choice to do the IUI on Saturday vs Monday will depend a LOT on the monitor, so I really hope it works!!

Aqua