Options

Natural vs Medicated IUI to start with

Hi everyone! I am new to ttc. Just getting the ball rolling really. I was curious if anyone tried natural cycles for their first IUI's? It seems like a lot of you are on medicated cycles. I'd kind of like to try a few natural but I'm worried that it could just be a waste of time and money. Any input would be helpful!

Comments

• Options
    I did all natural cycles. i got pregant right away as well. I was 42 when I got pregnant. I watched cervical mucus peed on sticks (many times a day to see when I ovulated), had back to back IUI's as well as acupuncture.

Questions feel free to email me.
  • Options
    Thanks for the response Anissa! It is so great having access to people that have gone through this already! I'll try natural first I think. I've been tracking cm and basal temps for a while now. I tried the ovulation pee sticks too to see if I ovulate and that worked. I'm thinking I'll be trying my first IUI before I know it lol!
  • Options
    grizgirl, good luck. remember when you pee on the sticks, the first one in the morning is not the best indicator. I found that hte second or even the third pee was better. When I was getting close to ovulating I peed on the sticks every couple of hours.
  • Options
    Oh really? Good to know ty! I was just doing once a day in the morning. But I've only used them for one cycle. My NP was curious to see if I ovulated. Next time I'll check more frequently.
  • Options
    On the complete opposite side of the spectrum, I had 9 IUI's (only 1 successful but ended in miscarriage) 1 natural, 8 medicated, before moving on to IVF. Had I known then what I know now, I would have done all medicated.
    Hopefully you are lucky and get pregnant quick!!
  • Options
    Thanks for the info jaimec! It's a really tough decision. I'm not sure I could afford IVF so I'm really hoping IUI works for me.