Options

clomid - help?

Hi,

My wife and I have been trying to conceive 'naturally' for a year now. She has gone through 7 failed IUI cycles and I have gone through 3. (plus 3 months of failed ICI's). We have had all the blood/HSG work-up and we are in perfect health, so there is no clear explanation as to why it hasn't worked for either of us.

I just found out yesterday that my 3rd attempt failed and I am considering clomid. Emotionally, I don't know how much longer we can do this, but I am scared of the risks. Since I am in a same-sex relationship and have only been 'introduced' to sperm for 3 cycles, I can't access my health insurance so I will be going into this blind, so to speak. I conceived once a few years ago, though it ended in a miscarriage, so I know I am able to get pregnant. I don't know if I should wait it out, as my doctor recommends (at my request he has ordered the clomid, saying he is willing to forgo the 6 months considering our situation as a whole) or just jump in and see what happens. I am on an almost 100% organic, caffeine-free diet, and have weekly acupuncture treatments. Taking drugs is a pretty big step for me, but like I said, I don't know how many more negatives we can take.

Has anyone out there taken clomid and not been monitored? If you have a story, advice or lesson learned you would like to share, I would really appreciate it. I am picking up my prescription today and plan to make the decision by Sunday to take it or not.

Thanks,
Jean

Comments

• Options
    I, like you, have had no success as of yet, but have been deemed medically healthy. I started clomid (unmonitored) my last cycle and was unsuccessful. We will try again next week, again without monitoring, and if that try is unsuccessful then we will go to monitoring which will not be covered by insurance because it is not "medically necessary." Luckily, I didn't have any side effects taking clomid so I will continue to try it for another few cycles. After 4 attempts using clomid, the pregnancy success rate drops drastically, so I've read and been told by my doctor.

Best of luck to you and your partner. As long as you have each other to lean on everything will be ok!
  • Options
    I, like you guys have had no success as of now. My wife and I have been trying for two years now and I am 'medically healthy'. I have done 2 rounds of a single dose of Clomid, 2 rounds of a double dose of Clomid, 1 round of triple Clomid - after all that we decided to move on to the next step after discussing it with my doctor, I did 1 mix cycle - Clomid + injections with no luck and I just started a full cycle of injections hoping this one will work. I have gone through 5 failed IUIs and we are hoping that this time we will get pregnant. The pregnancy success rate drops after the age of 35 when using fertility assistance. I know that the fertility clinic I go to takes you through steps and we are on the third one - straight injections. After this is IVF. I hope we don't have to go to that step, this is the hardest process ever and it's nice to know we're not alone in the struggle to become pregnant. If you're not pregnant now we wish you the best of luck!
  • Options
    After a long, TTC journey, we have had success!

Now, I would like to help you and your family to be.
    I have several sealed boxes of Bravelle for sale for only $95 per box. Expiration date is 09/11.
    Ships from CA.
    ***If you buy more than one, I can discount it even more!***

Quick Shipping.
    I Accept Paypal.

email: f.sale81 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Thanks and best of luck.
  • Options
    We have used femara and clomid. On femara - I had just one follicle. On 100mg of clomid I had 3 follicles. I do have insurance so I am monitored the whole time.

My RE says that the chances of getting preggers with IUIs that are not medicated is really low. She said all the research that shows a 20% success rates were all medicated cycles.