Options

In need of support

My wife and I are on our third round of IUIs and I'm concerned about timing. I think we were too late last month and am worried that the IUI yesterday and today were too early. I've been using the Clearblue Ovulation Predictor which shows high fertility and peak fertility. I also started charting my BBT last month but am still learning how to read it. I've eliminated soy, caffeine, and alcohol and also started drinking raspberry leaf tea. I could really use a little advice on the timing and how to figure out the right window of time. Would anyone like to connect or does anyone know of an online support group?

Comments

• Options
    Ovulation happens 24-48 hrs post LH surge, average 36 hrs. If charting your BBT, your temp will increase significantly above your cover line the day after you ovulate. So your chart pretty much just confirms whether you ovulated. The book Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler is awesome at explaining it all. Good luck and baby dust to you!
  • Options
    By the way, I'm going for try #3 this month. This time I'm doing a trigger shot so we know when I'm going to ovulate. Everybody is individual but you might consider it if you keep having a hard time catching your fertile window! Best wishes :)
  • Options
    Some ovulation kits don't work for women. I was getting positive readings, but my ultrasound came back negative. Best of luck!
  • Options
    How close to ovulation do you want to time the IUI? Our clinic recommends coming in 24 hours before ovulation, which I feel like is way too early. We have tried once and were unsuccessful. The problem is, they only do it between 10:30-11:00 every morning, so getting timing down is going to be difficult!
  • Options
    We were not getting positive readings with the ovulation predictor kits at all. Luckily with ultrasounds they were able to verify we are ovulating. Our doctors recommendation was the trigger shot. So next week we will be trying with that. It seems timing is really hard with this! Hang in there.
  • Options
    You are definitely not alone in this!! I know exactly what you're feeling. I was getting false positives on cycle day 8. My dr ended up having me come in for follicle scans (they measure the size of your eggs). I highly recommend you talking to your doctor about that option. I went in on cycle day 3, 8, 10, and 12. I also used clomid and a trigger shot. I just got a BFP on Tuesday after 4 IUIs. Just remember not to give up or get too down. Which I know is hard, we were looking into fertility clinics. If you have any questions, please let me know and we can email :)

-Desiree
  • Options
    Did clomid seem to work for you? Did you have any side effects? I had horrible headaches and mood swings lol
  • Options
    14221 wondering,

Clomid worked great for me. I was almost over responsive. I took it and twice grew 5 eggs. Finally got it down to 3 taking one pill. I would just get really bad hot flashes! I know there are different alternatives to clomid. Talk to your OB, the should have different types of meds you can take:)
  • Options
    I have an ultrasound in the morning, hoping clomid worked for me. :-) very nervous
  • Options
    We were trying to do natural cycles because we are paying completely out of pocket. If we do follicle scans, it adds another $2,000+ to our costs every month. We are trying clomid this month but no trigger shot, so I feel like the timing is just as uncertain.
  • Options
    I ubderstand, we are paying out of pocket too since my insurance doesn't cover fertility. I have an egg growing, it's not big enough yet. I go back Thursday. How is everything with you
  • Options
    EDJR,

I believe that there are trigger shots for about 150 from different online pharmacies. Your doctor should know of some! I found the trigger shot completely worth the money since its pretty much guaranteed that you will ovulate around 24-36 hours later. And some OBs (such as mine) charged for follicle scans (unlimited) at the beginning of the month, maybe check that out? Definitely recommend chlomid/trigger! Just don't get too down, it took me 4 IUIs

-Desiree