Options

Low count Issues

Hi everyone. My wife and i are new to CCB. We did a IUI with another bank and because of low count issues of the sample, we have decided to come to CCB. As i have been reading posts on here, I am trying not to get discouraged. I see there have been some who have reported they had low count issues, it seems that it is based on the donor. But I thought that all donors should have good numbers. All of this makes us so confused. Would really like to get some insight from those that have had these issues.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    I have had zero issues in low counts for the 7 vials I have used so far. I believe they guarentee a certain number or your money back. There is a section on here to ask staff questions. I would ask about their guarentee and policy. Good luck!
  • Options
    I have used 5 vials (two different donors) and had counts of 12-15 million for 4 of them, and each time the doctor remarked at how good they looked. We did have one vial that had around 5.5 million. My doctor submitted a form to CCB and we received a credit for the amount of the vial plus the $55 pick-up fee.
  • Options
    bigsoccerfan...did you get pregnant with the donor you used?
  • Options
    Hey miracle4u, not yet! We've been doing non-medicated cycles (with a trigger shot on the last two) and will be trying a couple of cycles with Femara starting in March. I don't think the sperm count in the vials we have used have been the issue, and they have all been good except that one vial. I wouldn't let this concern stop you from using CCB. One thing I keep having to remind myself is that other people's success is really not an indication of what your success will be, it's really mostly luck and getting the timing right. Have you selected a donor yet? Good luck to you!