Options

Policy/Procedure for Missed Blood Draw

I write to inquire about your rules for donors who are late for required labs. What guidelines are in place? Do you call one, twice, etc.; with what frequency? If calls are not successful, what is the next step? Email? How late (14 days, 1 month?) may a donor be and remain in the program? For specimen safety, at what point after being overdue for labs/blood draws are the specimens awaiting release destroyed??

Hypothetical #1 - if a Donor is two months late for his blood draw are the specimens destroyed?

Hypothetical #2 - if Donor has prior clean blood draws but the most recent blood draw shows disease, are specimens destroyed? If so, how far back (i.e. donation date)? Are purchasers of potentially compromised specimens/vials notified? If so, how?

Comments

• Options
    Hi Hey -

All donor vials are quarantined for a minimum of 6 months and the donor undergoes infectious disease testing prior to the release of those vials.

If, for some reason, a recurring blood draw does not occur, the vials in quarantine remain in quarantine and are not sold.

The management and scheduling of blood draws are handled by our Donor Department on a case-by-case basis.

Please note that the only way to ensure future vial availability is to purchase vials and store them. We provide free storage as part of our Family Today and Family Tomorrow programs.

http://cryobank.com/Services/Additional-Services/Family-Today---Family-Tomorrow/

Regards,

Nicole
    CCB
  • Options
    You answered one question, thank you. Shall I repost the others?