Options

Fresh Sperm?

I posted this a while back and didn't get any responses - so I thought I'd try again.

I'm curious if anyone out there has tried using fresh sperm for an insemination or knows someone who has. I got pregnant on my second IUI but then miscarried, and haven't gotten pregnant again after 5 IUIs. I'm almost 36 and none of my test show any reason that I'm not getting pregnant, so we thought perhaps bad timing (so tricky with IUIS) and the money stress might be a cause. We are about to do our first at home insemination using a friend of a friend's sperm. I haven't found any message boards that focus on that method, and I'm curious if people have had better results.

Comments

• Options
    In my personal opinion (and I have read in places) that fresh sperm is better than frozen but with an IUI the specimen is washed and you have more of a concentrated sample. You also know for sure that your donor is free of diseases that can harm you, your partner, or the baby. I conceived my first daughter "the old fashion way" but I dont think that there is a going to be a big difference. I would think you would have a better chance with IUIs since it is being placed directly in the uterus and by passing the cervix, in which with an ICI the sperm would have to make that journey. Its all in your bodys reaction.