Options

Bi-Racial Babies

Hi All,

I am a black female, in the process of choosing a donor. From the choices that I have and like I will more than likely choose a white donor. Does anyone have baby pictures that you can share if you have used a donor of a different race than yours.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Hi I am an African American woman as well planning on using a donor from different race. The truth is no telling what your child would look like because everyone is different I have two adopted sisters. Their mother is African American and their father is Caucasian. The oldest looks like her father and the younger one looks like her mother and her aunt on her father’s side. the oldest is dark skinned and does not appear to be mixed while her sister only a year younger is light skinned and looks mixed they both have the same father and mother.
    When I do have my child only people how I came to know well on here I will share photos of my baby ,but I hope this helped
  • Options
    Hello,

I am a black female also considering a donor of a different race. Initially, I was wanting a known donor and have a caucasian friend that is pretty much on board. Now, I am also considering an anonymous caucasian donor. Jam, I agree with baby67890. Pictures will not give you a good idea of what your biracial will end up looking like. There are several biracial people in my family. All look like their parents in some regard, but skin color, hair type, facial features, etc...it can all go either way.

Where are you two in the process? I would love to keep in touch. My sister recently had twins with her white husband. We have pics posted everywhere so I doubt they would mind me sharing as long as they are kept anonymous.

I just joined this site today. Is there a way for us to send each other private emails through the site?

Thanks!
  • Options
    Hello,

I am a black female also considering a donor of a different race. Initially, I was wanting a known donor and have a caucasian friend that is pretty much on board. Now, I am also considering an anonymous caucasian donor. Jam, I agree with baby67890. Pictures will not give you a good idea of what your biracial will end up looking like. There are several biracial people in my family. All look like their parents in some regard, but skin color, hair type, facial features, etc...it can all go either way.

Where are you two in the process? I would love to keep in touch. My sister recently had twins with her white husband. We have pics posted everywhere so I doubt they would mind me sharing as long as they are kept anonymous.

I just joined this site today. Is there a way for us to send each other private emails through the site?

Thanks!
  • Options
    hey babyjazz
    In the process of saving money and preparing to take my first round of clomid and then my IUI
  • Options
    Hey Baby67890,

I am on pins and needles just to get the results of my clomid challenge test.

You know, when I decided "OK it's time to start the process", I was wanting a known donor and actually had a couple of friends/aquaintances identified to ask. The first and only one I asked was like YEAH, I think that's great! It was so quick, it shocked me. But, we're still talking through some things and in the meantime, I have opened myself up to the idea of an anonymous donor. I have even tagged and ranked a few favorites here! I guess I have a little time to decide what to do. My test results will steer me also. The thing is, if I go with my friend being the donor...it will be at least six months before I can even try AI. (Sperm testing, quarantine, retesting, etc...) I just don't know if I want to wait that long to start trying. I have read so many post of women on their 4th or 5th cycle. And I am 38. It has me scared to let an opportunity (cycle) be missed! Oh well...No one said any part of this would be easy.

BTW, my potential known donor is caucasian.
  • Options
    Hey, BabyJazz what was taking clomid like? It first I was like you I want to use a known donor but he was engaged to someone and it would have been a very bad situation and the donors in CCB are way expensive so I end up going anonymous.
  • Options
    I did not notice any effects whatsoever from taking clomid, but that's how I am when it comes to just about anything. I had to take 100mg for five days.

Funny, I had a guy recently engaged volunteer to be a donor for me, too! I thought he was joking, but he was totally serious. He thought his fiancee would be okay with it. Weird, I think. I am not interested.
  • Options
    Girl, I know what you mean... seems like once people know what you're going to do... and you're serious about it... you get men volunteering... now the follow through... that's another story!!

AFM: I also have a Caucasian donor as well as a Caucasian partner (male, name of Mark which is what I also call my donor since I don't know his real name :).)

I just finished my first cycle of Clomid and have my u/s on Wednesday. Have had two failed IUI's but had several medical problems that I needed to address so this will be my third try BUT first with meds... hoping this time will work for me.
  • Options
    I got my results today. Not good at all. (I posted more details as its own thread.) Doctor all but said DE or Adoption is my only hope. My mind is no where near that right now. I am crushed.