Options

To the Single Mothers or Mothers to be

I am 7 weeks pregnant and I'm really happy about it and would do it again in a heartbeat. But I just want to share with someone who maybe will understand. I do feel sometimes, and I try not to dwell a little sad that there is no man super excited about impending fatherhood. Or someone to rub the belly or cater to me or whatever special perk pregnant women are supposed to get. I went to a party Saturday and there were two pregnant women with incredibly doting husbands and it made me think about what I try not to focus on. I always have felt like a mother by choice but not a single mother by choice.

Comments

• Options
    Hi Sweetheartt,

I kinda feel like I'll think that once I do become pregnant, that I too will need that male bond belly rub or whatever. You know my sisters said I should date pregnant, lol. "You never know" they said. Although, I'm not yet pregnant and this is not the fairlytale that I had hoped for. But I'm most definitely ready to be a mom, and that doesn't mean I will never get married. The day I do and the man I marry will love my child it's as much :)

I'm hoping we can be pregnant together!

Augustskys
  • Options
    I have heard the dating suggestion but the reality is the progesterone REs put you on makes you bloat and then there is the chronic exhaustion first trimester so you don't exactly feel sexy. After you start showing in the second trimester I think that would be incredibly awkward trying to date. I do hope to get married after baby. Yes August hope you get preggers this month too. I would get pregnant again in a heartbeat. Just today I have a bad cold and my house needs cleaning and my laundry needs doing and wouldn't it be nice to have the man to help me?
  • Options
    Hello,
    I have been down the exact road. I have a 3 1/2 year old incredible little girl. I know how you feel and I always wanted to be married,then have a baby with a doting husband. Turns out I hit forty and my plans changed. I always joke that I have not met the "right man" yet, but I have definately met the "right donor".
    You are strong to make the decision to start your family and don't forget that. The man will come, but you will always have your child.

Best,
    Cheryl
  • Options
    Thank you for this post... it made my heart smile. Today is a rough day for me.. CD2 after chemical pregnancy. This post made me smile.
  • Options
    Sweetheart, how many iui'sdid you do? I just did my 5th one yesterday, natural cycle. Did you feel anything before finding out you were pregnant? Congrats