Options

will my doctor be able to tell the diffence between fresh and frozen?

hello, i live in a country were it is extremely difficult to find a doctor who will perform an iui using donor sperm. it's not illegal, but the doctors are just very old fashioned. my husband and i want to use donor sperm for personal reasons but the second i mention the d word they dont want to know about it.
now my question is this, if i thaw and empty the ici vials into one of those sterile cups for fresh specimens and present it to my gyno as my husbands, will my doctor have any reason to be suspicious? when the doctor goes about washing the sperm for iui, will he be able to tell that its not fresh?
i would very much appreciate a reply. thank you.
(oh and in case you are wondering, i didnt forge anything when opening an account with ccb. i was lucky enough to have a doctor for that)

Comments

• Options
    Interesting question. Unfortunately, thawed sperm and fresh sperm are noticeably different in volume, consistency, and even color. They are also processed differently by your doctor once you hand it over to him. Your doctor will certainly be able to tell the thawed specimen is not fresh.

My recommendation would be to find a physician willing to help you on your own terms. This may be easier said than done, but ultimately you want to maximize your chances of a successful pregnancy and your physician can have a lot to do with this.

Best of luck,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    I may be wrong, but ICI is only deposited into your vagina. You don't need a doctor for that. Check online. You may want to get a speculum and syringe. (look for an IUI syringe. You can use the syringe part without the extra tubing.) Good luck.
  • Options
    there is some good information on a reply to HOME ICI. Do a search using home. You should find it.
  • Options
    Hi Honeyko-

If you send me your country and city, I can look through our database of doctors and try to find one in your area willing to help you. Email me directly at sbrown@cryobank.com.

Regards,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    scott, chackbarth thank you both very much for you advice!
  • Options
    You are very welcome.

Scott
  • Options
    hello scott,
    i have found a doctor to perform iui for me on the condition that i never tell anyone. i have a question about what you said in the reply to my initial guestion. you said that fresh and frozen sperm are processed differently by the doctor. can you tell me a little more as to how it is different? i am my doctor's only patient using frozen sperm and i would like to make sure he is getting it right.
    thank you.
  • Options
    I'm glad to hear you found a physician. The thawing instructions are included with the shipment. It is a fairly simple process which your doctor should have no problem completing.

Best of luck,

Scott
    CCB