Options

Labor & Delivery

I was wondering the cost of some you alls hospital bills. My insurance says that if I switch to HMO from PPO all I will have to pay is $250 for the admission and the newborn would covered as long as they don't admit it. Somehow, I just don't believe this...$250??? I have Blue Cross Blue Shield. Can anyone share with me?

Comments

• Options
    you should talk to a rep from your insurance,we also have Blue Cross Blue Shield(hmo)they are realy strict on everything but pay 100% of labor and delivery,as long as your obgyn accepts your insurance you should not have to pay,if only for the emergency..goodluck
  • Options
    I've got HMO Illinois from BCBS and, so far, other than paying for my "man" and storing him, the only things I have paid for are the co-pays and a few rounds of antibiotics for the two procedures that I've had. They're strict since their main job is to control costs but I've NOT been able to do what needs to be done OR been charged for doing it.

When I went in for my tubal recannilization, I had to spend the night in the hospital... that ONE nights stay + the procedure was over $16,000.00... I paid ZERO for this with my HMO. PPO's I think are good IF you visit the doc's a lot but, since I don't, my HMO works great for me.

Mine also will cover 100% of my maternity care with unlimited days in the hospital AND my child is also covered after birth for a minimum of 48 hrs if born naturally or 96 hrs for a c-section.
  • Options
    Thank you, Edith & Pablo and ualtigger for this information. BCBS said it would be covered at 100% as long as my PCP(Primary Care Physician) makes my referals. However, I justo found out today that my 6th IUI failed. This was such a big let down because I had actually missed my period this time. My RE will only do two more IUI's and wants me to move on to IVF which I can't afford! I may be looking to adoption after I cope with this.
  • Options
    smaciegracie
    im so sorry to hear that your 6th iui did not work.but dont give up.I been trough 4 IUI cycles,2 IVF,1 ectopic preg and a misscarige and still I have not lost faith.
    Im not going to lie,at a time I did say F this I dont want to go trough no more pain and let downs. but then I knew I had to keep trying cause there is noting more that I want in this world but to be a mommy.we did talk about adoption but I knew that if I gave up it was just going to be in back of my head,(what if)and I do not want that.my hubby gave me that choice, he told me if I wanted to stop he understands,but I dont want to stop untill my doc tells me there is nomore he can do..
    does your insurance pay for your fertility?if they do they should pay for your IVF .im sorry if im typing to much..
  • Options
    Thanks Edith. No, my insurance only covers diagnosis and treatment of the problem...no iseminations or IVF. I have two more vials, and I will use them. At this point in the game, I'd rather spend the money on getting the adoption process started. I've always wanted to adopt so it's not sooo bad, but I wanted one of my own too. I guess I will be adopting first. Maybe it's meant to be this way.