Options

Labor & Delivery

I was wondering the cost of some you alls hospital bills. My insurance says that if I switch to HMO from PPO all I will have to pay is $250 for the admission and the newborn would covered as long as they don't admit it. Somehow, I just don't believe this...$250??? I have Blue Cross Blue Shield. Can anyone share with me?

Comments

• Options
    Ummmm... I a not super savvy on insuranc, but I have a PPO and would NEVER recommend down-grading to an HMO - esp if you're pregnant. You never know what may happen and an HMO has so many limitations on what providers you can go to and I believe what procedures they will cover. I think in the long run you pay less out of pocket if you have a PPO in the event you should need any extra care. An HMO can be good if you are very healthy and don't ever really need to use your insurance. But with a baby on the way, I would not gamble on an HMO if I had the choice.

Just me 2-cents...
    Good luck!!
  • Options
    Thak you for responding! I talked to co-worker who had a Hysterectomy done our HMO and the bill was 30,000. She said all she had to pay was 250. I am pretty healthy and my primary care says there won't be a problem getting the referrals I want...may not be so bad. IDK
  • Options
    I also have BCBS under HMO Illinois and, with all the stuff I've gone through, I've YET to pay anything other than my co pays.
  • Options
    I think I am going to switch...
  • Options
    The only thing, other than my co-pays I have had to pay for is, of course, my guy... they don't cover that or the storage for him but do for the IUI's and other expenses associate with the prep. I paid for my antibiotics scripts and that's all so far.