Options

Timing

Ok, I've read several things on when I should use an ovulation kit. Most sources are saying to use it between day 8 and 12. Is this correct? Also, how early should you have a vial shipped before using it? I just have a fear that I won't get the timing right..am I alone? LOL!

Comments

• Options
    You are certainly not alone. In fact, my guess is a number of readers may respond to you with their personal advice.

First of all, don't worry. Our shipping tanks will keep your vial safe for 7-10 days, so you have plenty of time. It is always better to receive your vial early than late. Especially when winter weather can derail FedEx and cause delivery delays.

I wish I was able to give you specifics on the insemination timing. Unfortunately, we are not medical professionals, so I strongly advise consulting a physician. It is well worth a quick office visit to get everything right.

Best of luck,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    anitra1977, My doctor recommended that I start testing around cycle day 10, because I am very regular and typically have a 28-29 day cycle. I have never ovulated before cycle day 13, so I usually have my vials delivered on cycle day 12. As far at the OPK tests, my doctor inseminates the day you first get a positive, as well as the following day. For me personally, I could never get a positive test first thing in the morning, so I always test in the evening. I have charted my cycles while taking my temperature, so I know that when I get an "almost" positive test in the evening, I will be very positive the next day. I also suggest consulting a doctor to find out what they want you to do; the timing may be different for you if you are only inseminating once per cycle. Good luck!
  • Options
    Hi Scott,

mrandmrswhite mentioned testing the day of a positive result. If the sperm only lasts up to 24 hrs, wouldn't that be too early in general?

Very interested in timing...

Thanks again
  • Options
    You should absolutely speak to your doctor about timing. Everyone is different and there is no reliable general answer.

Regards,

Scott
    CCB