Options

Anyone became pregnant recently?

Hi,

Has anyone become pregnant within the past few months? Just curious how many IUIs/IVFs you needed to be BPF. I know it depends on the sperm, the woman's health, stress levels and good timing/good RE.

Thanks for sharing!

Comments

• Options
    I just found out on Wednesday that I am pregnant. It took 6 IUIs. The last two times I was on prometrium, which I think helped. Also, sorry if this is TMI, but the last time (the one that worked) I took a vibe in with me, and had an orgasm right after getting inseminated. I was hoping that the muscle contractions would help pull the sperm further into the uterus.
  • Options
    i agree with AEL. i, too, am pregnant. it took 6 IUIs- all unmedicated. it is SUCH a timing issue. the 6th was going to be my last b/c of $ and i read on another post someone did the same thing- simulated the insemination and had the big "O" and she too became pregnant. since i knew this was my last chance, i was willing to try anything. and it worked!!! good luck! congratulations AEL!
  • Options
    AEL and teachertracy - congratulations to the both of you! Thanks for sharing the tip.

I had not heard about this until reading your posts. Were you concerned about people walking in? I worry about that kind of stuff. But I am willing to try anything.

The insurance won't cover for anything and I have a limited budget as well. My IUI will be medicated (Clomid + Ovidrel).

People also say that taking baby asprin helps the lining to get thicker. I think I read that you would take it on the same days you take Clomid.
  • Options
    Also... did either of you kept your legs lifted like J Lo in that movie 'The Backup Plan' during the IUI? Does it matter?

Thanks!
  • Options
    hi hayley-
    to be honest, at that point it didn't even cross my mind. like i said, that was my last chance and i was just determined to make it work. i don't know if that is what made it happen, but i never did it the previous 5 times. i didn't keep my legs up but they- at least my dr/practioner- made me lay there for about 15-20 minutes before i get up. same reason i guess- to keep them swimming :) i know it's hard but try not to think about it too much- or overthink it. the stress definitely won't help the process. i'll be thinking of you and sending you lots of baby dust!
  • Options
    hi teachertracys -

Well your determination certainly paid off. I'm very happy that you are finally BFP! I can't imagine how hard it must have been on one's mind and body to go through 6 IUIs.

Thanks for your well wishes. I went to pick up baby asprin today and two people at the pharmacy wished me good luck. Supportive words like that makes what seems a difficult process more manageable. Faith.

Best wishes to you and AEL as well. Hope you will have wonderful pregnancies. Stick babies stick!!!!
  • Options
    Congratulations to you too, teachertracys!Thanks to you too, Hayley! Hayley, I completely agree with teachertracys, don't overthink it. You can drive yourself crazy by visiting websites and reading up on symptoms.

I haven't heard the thing about baby aspirin. I never had anyth uterine lining, so maybe that is why
  • Options
    Sorry, my last post got posted before I was done...

As for the issue with having an orgasm in the Dr's office, I didn't worry about anyone walking in. They close the door after the procedure to let me get dressed, so I had time to do the deed. Also, they never have me lift my legs or tell me to wait after the procedure.

Anyway, lots of baby dust to you! I hope you are in our boat soon!
  • Options
    well I did not use sperm from CCB but I got a BFP a couple wks ago after period was a week late. I didn't bother with any more HPTs as I was spottng and felt symptoms of my period coming...went and had blood work done and yep, doc said I was PG. Fiirst medicated IUI (Menopur) worked, except I found out today I lost it...but not really surprised. :( My nbrs were low on Fri and I returned today, and now I'm bleeding and cramping. I was also producing anti sperm antibodies and I've been on prednisone. Doc wants to see me Wed and we're going to do more bloodwork to see if the antbodies are still present. I have my own donor by the way, too. So not sure which worked,,the IUI or doing it at home with donor. But I am ready to try again. SSBD.