Options

Open donor limits

Hi Scott,

Could you explain the limit difference between open and anonymous donors? I read through some of the old posts that the donor limits are now averaging about 12-15 families, but technically about 25-30 families.

The Open Donor information reads as if the Open donor limitation is lower than this. Is that the case? If so, what is the limit?

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Options
    Hi Sea -

Open Donors commit to one contact with any child (once they turn 18) upon request. This contact will be facilitated through CCB and will remain anonymous until both the donor and child decide to make more direct contact.

Anonymous donors do not commit to any contact, but understand that if we get a request for contact by an 18 year old offspring, we will reach out to them. At that point, they can agree to the contact or not. Many donors tell us feel they would be open to future contact, but are not comfortable comitting to it at this point in their lives.

Family limits are now the same for Open and Anonymous Donors. The maximum goal is 25-30 families worldwide. The average is closer to about 15 familes per donor.

Good luck,

Scott
  • Options
    Thanks, Scott. I know you've answered the donor limit question a lot (I did a search on the forum), so appreciate you tackling it one more time :)