Options

start a new??

At the start of this year, hubby and I attempted using a donor via natural IUI. It was the most terrifying and stressful time which led to the decision to not continue. Well here I am months later with my infertility wound ripped open, and actually considering trying, maybe, again. The biggest mistake was telling anyone and I mean anyone about our journey. My inner circle couldn't begin to understand the pressure and fear that goes along with this process and were very unsupportive. Can anyone out there who has had the opportunity to use a donor via natural IUI tell me, how long it took for success? Also if timing your ovulation and going natural didn't seem to work what is the next level of invasivness regarding IUI??

Comments

• Options
    Hey Kitty!! my hubby and I did natural IUI with donor sperm. And it worked for us on the first try!!!! We are currently 5 weeks 5 days along!!! We didnt explain to anyone what we were doing we just said we had to use infertitlity treatments to concieve. I was VERY doubtful it would work on first try and was so wanting to do drugs to help but doc was insistant as was my hubby about doing it totally natural first. And well I am glad we did!!! We used the Clear blue easy digital ovulation kit and tested three times a day until we got the surge and did IUI 12 hours after the surge. Good luck and if you relax and just let it happen I think that really improves your chances!!! Baby Dust!!!
  • Options
    Hi Kitty! I did a natural IUI in April. I told 3 people I could trust with my heart- my sister and 2 very close friends. I was able to share all my feelings with them without shame or fear of rejection. This is a time for you and your husband to really bond. Everybody does not or will not understand. I am 12 weeks and I still don't tell everyone how I conceived. It's no ones business.

This blog should help you, as all the people on here have shared experiences- we cry and celebrate with eachother.

As far as after IUI, you should discuss with your doctor, as they all have different philosophies. My Dr. does 3 natural IUI's before he will administer meds.

Baby blessings to you and your husband on this new chapter in your life!
  • Options
    Thank you! What helpful and kind advise. It is inspiring to hear of two conceptions!! This has been a long emotional road, the support is priceless~
  • Options
    Hi there!

My experience is very similar to yours. My husband and I tried four natural IUIs and one IVF cycle, all of which failed. It was devastating. We took a year off, and at our doctor's suggestion, chose a new donor and tried natural IUI again. I got pregnant on the first try, and I have a 21 month old daughter as a result. In April we decided to try for Baby #2, and I got pregnant again on the first try! I am 13 weeks pregnant and due in January.

I found that timing my ovulation could be very stressful, and what worked best for me was testing 2-3 times a day. Many people prefer the digital tests, but I prefer the two-line tests because I show a fade-in pattern and my tests will get darker and darker as I approach ovulation. We did back to back IUIs to make sure we covered the ovulation window, 24 hours apart. I highly recommend going that route, if possible. Good luck!