Options

Number of vials to purchase?

I am wondering how many vials I should purchase. I want 2 children and want to make sure they are by the same donor. The donor that I am looking to use seems to sell out really quickly. Any suggestions on how many to purchase?

Kelly

Comments

• Options
    I would get at least 6 (that way you get the free year storage) but if you can afford 12 get 12. We were lucky with our first child and got pregnant on the 2nd try but some of the other girls who used our donor tried 4-5 times before they got pregnant and then he retired. We are hoping for 2 more kids but only have 4 vials left. We are on all the wait list if anyone sells any back but so are 5 of the other mothers. We regret not buying 12 when we had the chance. We bought 6 in the morning and by evening he was sold out :(.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info! I was thinking 12 would be the best bet, but not sure that I can afford it. I definitely don't want to run into that problem though. Maybe you guys will have the same results for your next 2 children!! Thanks again!

Kelly
  • Options
    No problem Kelly. We used Care credit to pay for the vials. Not sure cryobank still accepts this so you may want to check but they gave us the 3000 to pay for the vials and if we paid it back within one year there is no interest. It was easier to pay a couple hundred a month than come up with all the money up front for us anyway. Good luck and LOADS of baby dust!!

Laura