Options

NYC Single Donor Recipients

Are there any other women in NYC that are single
that are interested in connecting? I'm 42, in Williamsburg, first IUI tomorrow. Terrified and completely excited; hopefully not too naive.

Comments

• Options
    Good luck!! I am in NYC, and did it alone, daughter now almost 2 1/2.

Feel free to email me at wonderofshushu@gmail.com

Hope your IUI went well!! (i did IVF).
  • Options
    Hi there, I'm single 42 and about to go through this as well-- NYC based. Really would love to connect with others in the same situation.

About to do IUI and while so many of my friends are getting pregnant at this age, none have done IUI alone like I am planning.

It's all a bit complicated for me given my SO has come to the conclusion that a year into our relationship, he doesn't want any other kids as his are grown. So I'm going to give IUI a shot and see what happens.

It's terrifying and exciting and I am sure completely naive too!
  • Options
    Hi ladies, I am scheduled to do my first IUI in the spring. I am also located in NYC, on the UWS, and would love to start a support group for single moms by choice in NYC. What do you think?
    theresa10s@yahoo.com
  • Options
    I'm 35 and in NYC as well. I'm about to start IVF and would love to join a support group for single moms by choice in NYC!!! Please list the information here.
  • Options
    sweetie333, can you email me? We can start the group. Good luck with your IVF!!! My IUI is in April.
    theresa10s@yahoo.com
  • Options
    I'm 38 I am just getting started with natural monitoring for IUI. Would love to join group too.
  • Options
    Interested in learning about other experiences.
  • Options
    Hi Ladies,

I just wanted to share info on an organization called Choice Moms. They are based in DC, but sometimes have networking events in other cities.

Mikki Morrissette, the founder, was one of the first advocates to create a supportive community for single women who choose to become mothers. I've done events with her and was always impressed with the group of women attending these informational sessions.

Just thought you might like to check it out.

http://www.choicemoms.org/

Regards,

Nicole
    CCB
  • Options
    Just started down this path and would love to connect to other moms and moms-to-be in NYC. So far it's been a pretty solitary experience. Good luck to all!
  • Options
    Hi - is this group still open? In NYC & getting ready to get the process started... Kinda overwhelming at times...
  • Options
    Hello Ladies,

I'm 39 single and had my second IUI yesterday. The first didn't take. I have a support system but would definitely like to connect locally to other single women who made this choice. I live in NJ but NYC is a quick hop for me and would travel there if there were to be a support group meet up.

Best of Luck to Us All
  • Options
    Hi ladies,

I am also in NYC starting the process would be great to connect for support/ sharing experiences
  • Options
    Hi ladies,

I'm also in the NYC area. I'm 32 and starting my 3rd iui this month. I would love to connect to people in my area. My email is nicmand@gmail.com feel free to message me.

Good luck all!