Options

switching over to someone elses name

How would I go about putting the two vials that I have there in someone elses name so that they can get them shipped to them instead of me. I am giving them the vials that I have left over. Kelly

Comments

• Options
    There are two ways to do a vial transfer between non-relatives:

1. You sell back the vials to us and then we sell them directly to the other client.
    This process takes a week to 10 days
    There must be no restrictions on the donor
    The vials must never have left our facility
    You receive 50% of the original purchase cost of the vials
    No transfer fee

2. There is also a “Gifting” process where we don’t get involved in the actual sale. You compensate the other client directly and we are not responsible for the transaction.
    The process takes about 30 days
    There must be no restrictions on the donor
    The vials must never have left our facility
    Both parties must sign and notarize a transfer of ownership form (which you can get by calling Carmen at 866-927-9622 x1141)
    The original owner must pay a $350 transfer fee
    The transfer must be approved by our Medical Director, Accounting, and Genetics departments.

Because the gifting involves the $350 transfer fee, the two options come out costing about the same (I don’t know what vial type we are talking about or when they were originally purchased, so this varies a bit).

Carmen is really helpful with these types of situations. I would recommend talking to her before making any final decisions.

Regards,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    That stinks I just wanted to be able to help someone out and either way it goes CCB is going to make sure that they benefit from it one way or the other. I have not been impressed with this program,which is why I have switched banks per my Dr's request. He has never had luck with you guys either. This is supposed to be a program to help people achieve their dreams of having a family, not to go broke during the process. I know these are not your own personal policies, but I just wanted to let someone there not that they suck. kh
  • Options
    I understand your position.

Just to clarify...

The Buy Back policy is designed to help our clients by allowing them to purchase extra vials to make sure they can reach their own personal family goal without incurring the full expense. We are trying to save our clients money, not impeed their ability to sell the vials on their own.

The added restrictions on the transfer policy are in place to protect the health interests of the second party who may not be aware of recent restrictions placed on the donor or other specific issues associated with an older donor. Say, for instance, you have vials which are 10 years. Now, those vials are perfectly good in terms of a the odds of a succesful pregnancy. However, they are not up to date in terms of our current testing standards since any number of tests are likely to have been added to our screening process since they were purchsed. To not inform a potential new owner of the possible risks in using a vial processed prior to our most undated testing standards would be irresponsible on our part.

I believe I have been in direct contact with the client you are selling your vials to and we are doing verything we can to expedite the process for her. I applaud your willingness to sell them to her at a reduced price, but we can't ignore our legal and ethical obligation we have to protect her health and the health of her future child. If you do choose to sell your vials back, you are free to have us credit the other client's account you are trying to help.

As far as the $350 transfer fee, we are not making any profit. Transfering the vials requires extensive paperwork as well as the actual movement of the vials. The entire trnasfer must be reviewed by multiple departments including our Genetics Manager and Medical Director. While passing one person's vials to another may seem like a simple process, it is anything but. We take our jobs very seriously and the standard operating procedures we have in place are not arbitrary.

I hope this helps you understand our position. Best of luck to you and your family.

Regards,

Scott
    CCB