Options

IVF pain??

Hey fellow IVFers!! I am going in tomorrow for my egg retrieval and am curious about how much it is going to hurt? I'm super nervous!!

Comments

• Options
    Will you be knocked out for it? I have not had this done, but had cysts removed from inside an ovary that I hear is a similar process. Just remember, it will all be worth it!!
  • Options
    I remember some brief pain early in the procedure and was loopy asking questions while they were still workin on me. The drugs help but I was sore for about 2 days afterwards... not too bad tho.
  • Options
    hey arae8!
    Sorry so late to this party. You have long had your retrieval and transfer by now but just wanted to wish you luck!!!

I had my retrieval on 4/2 and my transfer on 4/5. I had very mild OHSS but no real pain from the ER. I think I had more discomfort with the full bladder and ultrasoud transfer! LOL!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your input! It wasn't as bad as I thought. Just a little uncomfortable. I had my retrieval on 4/11 and my retrieval was yesterday, 4/16. They retrieved 11 eggs and 5 of them fertilized. They implanted two and I found out today the other three didn't survive to be frozen. Hoping and praying that I get a BFP because I don't know if I can do it again. Furies- I agree the full bladder and ultrasound was the worst!!