Options

Insurance

Has anyone found insurance that will cover artificial insemination? I have no fertility problems that I am aware of, but cannot find coverage! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    Mine said they will start covering after 6 failed months. 12 months if your under 35, 6 for over 35
  • Options
    My insurance doesn't cover AI. I'm paying out of pocket. $$$$$ getting pricey b/c I've just done IUI #4 and I started injectables which are really costly.
  • Options
    Wow Crissy thays great! Does it kick in with iui #1 or do you have to do a few first?
  • Options
    Wow Crissy thays great! Does it kick in with iui #1 or do you have to do a few first? And i have Tufts in mass by the way. I forgot to mention that
  • Options
    I did not realize blue cross blue shield covers IUI's...That's awesome! I have priority health and they pay only a portion of the medications, but nothing related to infertility treatments... although, I DO KNOW that going through a fertility clinic or urologist can be VERY COSTLY without insurance... I called my OBGYN, and he is going to perform my IUI for $100 per time. Compare that to the average I've heard of $800, and that's quite a difference when you could have to do it multiple times! Now, he's not doing ultrasounds or checking me out prior to, etc, I am doing all the work and he is only performing the insemination but for a savings of $700 per time, i can handle it...
  • Options
    Hello,

My husband and I work for one of Amazon.com subsidiaries and the insurance is great! It is Premera Blue Cross which was previously Aetna. It does have a lifetime maximum of 15,000 but hey that's money I am not paying out of pocket. There are no pre-authorizations and also no restrictions. I hope this helps. And the name of the company is Quidsi. This company has employment opportunities all over the US and the benefits kick in DAY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PS- also part time workers get FULL TIME BENEFITS!!

the link is www.quidsi.com/careers!