Options

Questions about getting started...need help!

I am hoping to start with first iui in about 6 months. Have been looking for a donor and have it pretty much narrowed down. Just wondering if anyone can give me advice on things I should be doing now. i.e. when to see an RE, any tests that I should have before purchasing vials, etc. I would hate to purchase and then find out later that I can't get pregnant. I would appreciate any help!!

Comments

• Options
    Hi Latham,

You should schedule an appointment with your RE or his/her nurse. I was surprised at how many things had to be done before I could do my IUI. There are all sorts of testing of hormones and clearing you for STDs before they usually do the insmenination. So, start there and then order your vials after you are cleared. The beginning part is kind of overwhelming but once it's done, you are good to go for as many months as it takes.

Good luck!
  • Options
    I'm in that early stage too latham22, my first appt with my RE is at the end of Jan and I have all kinds of questions. I've been reading info on the internet and from this blog and it's been very helpful. All I've done so far is take OTC prenatal vitamins in preparation for my appt. I've got to become more knowlegable concerning my insurance as well. My RE office seems to want to know that kind of thing before I even walk in the door... I still haven't settled on a donor yet so there's still a whole lot to do and important decisions to be made! It seems overwhelming and I haven't even been to the RE yet!!!!