32 and completely stressed

I recently had my 3rd IUI... and waiting. Recently I've been completely stressed at my job, just afraid of getting laid off and so worried about getting pregnant. And it still hasn't happened yet. It's been so hard staying positive when work has been so stressful and I thought I'd get pregnant on the first shot. That's funny. I keep thinking now of woman who do this for several months to a year, that it may be me. I keep wondering whether being totally stressed at work is not helping me to get pregnant. And is caffeine really bad when your trying to get pregnant? None of the MDs told me that.
Ladies got any advice to help my spirits?

Comments

• Being discouraged is part of the process. My partner and I are on our 9th attempt of IUI. We had a m/c on the 4th attempt. It is very hard to stay positive considering the financial and other toll it takes on you.

Caffeine is a no-no. Our RE also recommended to stay on the pre-natal vitamins while we are trying. There have also been studies that say a low carb diet and 30 minutes of exercise a day helps. Who knows.. We clearly haven't found the magic formula.
  • Wow... thanks so much. I appreciate the support and the advice.
    I didn't think about it that way.. that it was part of the process. i was feeling kind of guilty being so sad.
    I would definately love to hear more from you and your attempts. And I'll keep you posted.
    Starting today no more caffeine. :)
  • Hi MissDayene,

I hope you are feeling better. I know it is frustrating.. I am a healthy 28 year old with four VERY fertile sisters... so I thought for sure that we would get pregnant on the first try...it is naive to think that way though.... people having intercourse sometimes have to try for years...yes, my doctor said to stay off the caffeine. I heard that it can affect your fertility. So I am staying clear of it... I wish you the best of luck. We will be going in for # 2 at the end of this month... a few more days.

I am hoping for the best for you.

Kathy
  • hi missdayene,

i have had 8 IUIs. i had a chemical pregnancy on the 7th one. that sucked. i am starting IVF drugs sunday. i would have kept trying IUIs because i think eventually they would work, but i just couldn't take it anymore. what made it worse is that i had cysts that were too big after each IUI attempt, so I had to basically take every other month off. it will be 2 years in june that i started all of this. i never in a million yrs thought it would be this hard for me to get pregnant with not a single infertile woman in my family that i can think of. to top it off, my sister got pregnant with ONE working tube on "accident." she is a single mother of 2 kids by 2 different fathers. i am stable as can be and it just doesn't seem fair. i know you know how i feel. it is so frustrating. it will work though, one way or another. i had endometriosis pretty bad and that is most likely what is holding me back. i am hopefully going to have a successful IVF cycle. i can't afford a 2nd one so god i hope it works.

good luck to you. i won't tell you to relax and to not get discouraged bc that's what everyone tells me and it drives me crazy. people always tell me that it's going to happen for me, it's going to happen for me, it's going to work for me...it's hard to hang on to that with so much disappointment. but, if so many people believe the same thing then how could it not be true? plus, i am a religious person and i don't think god would have put this need and want to be a mother in my heart (or your heart) if he somehow was not going to fulfill that for me (and you). ask and you shall receive. god will give us a baby. i just don't know when.

good luck!

g